“The Best of the Best” 5 of 5 stars

Klickitat, Washington
13 attraction reviews
“The Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Been Diving since '72. Have multiple certifications. Have dove with Steve & Company multiple times. Takes six divers max, has gone out for just my son and I. When asked if it was worthwhile for him, Steve responded "its your vacation, if you want to dive then away we go" or some such response. Knows divers by name, remembers us when it has been several years between visits to Hawaii. By far my favorite boat to dive from. Great setting, great dive masters, they all value our experience level that we came in with. Not afraid to change dive sites if conditions are murky, or the current shifts, or winds change enough, or too crowded or... Classsy! Great people, efficient, knowledgeable, fun to be around but extremely professional both on the boat and underwater. Thanks for the dives Steve, Lara, Bob, Tim, and the rest of the crew! Mahalo.

PS : would have written a review of SID years ago and every other year since, just found them on Trip Advisor.

Visited April 2013

“boat with people that know what they're doing and only take six divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

great boat with people that know what they're doing and go to the best sites. They find the ones without current that have the clearest water and it's all good. not a cattle boat!

Visited January 2013
San Antonio, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Ocean Wisdom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My memories of beautiful Hawaii would all be about the palm trees and plumeria BUT! I had the great joy of scuba diving with Steve and Lara Myklebust of SID's who introduced me to the underwater world in ways I had never experienced They know all the best dive spots and everything about marine life, making my memories that much more vivid and informed. THANK YOU, Steve and Lara!! Aloha and until the next visit!

Visited October 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
“Best dive shop in Kona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I began diving with Sandwich Isle Divers when I was a teenager and was so motivated by Steve to pursue my open water certification followed by my advanced open water certification. I enjoyed the personal attention every dive to ensure that I was comfortable and having the best time possible. Steve is a wealth of knowledge and very helpful with any questions or concerns.

I always recommend Sandwich Isle Divers when I hear people saying they are going to Hawaii. I guarantee you will have a better experience with Sandwich Isle Divers than with a larger dive operation that only sees you as another customer.

Visited June 2012
La Jolla, California
4 attraction reviews
“Best little Dive Operation in Kona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a GREAT experience. Diving with Sandwich Isle is like going on an underwater national geographic special! Steve M. is a marine biologist who knows Kona waters so well and shared his knowledge with us in a very light and enjoyable way. We especially liked the small numbers on the boat and the way Steve made you feel so special. Underwater he pointed out so many critters that we would have swam right past. When we surfaced, he answered all of our questions and told us he would hunt for whatever we missed on the second dive. Sandwich Isle was professional, safe and made our diving experience something we will forever cherish. Can't wait to go back!

Visited February 2013