“Exotic twist to an American classic” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 225 restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American
College Station, Texas
“Exotic twist to an American classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Let me start by stating that I am *not* a fan of cupcakes. They are too heavy, too sweet, too loaded with calories. However...

My wife 'twisted' my arm into visiting Bleu Cupcakery while waiting for a tea at the evil coffee empire's death star(bucks) on Kona. It was as refreshing as landing on Dantooine (sorry, some of us are Star Wars geeks). The cupcake selection is extensive and the flavors amazing. The cream is light and the cupcakes are not too sweet, except for the little core of the cupcake which I expect to be sweet. This was a pleasant find in Kona! The place is new and I truly hope they survive so close to the evil empire.

My recommendation: strawberry guava.

Thus, may I suggest you get your brew next door but save your dollars for an awesome cupcake and support a local shop that makes likely the best I have tried.

By the way: A cupcake is best eaten by removing the paper, splitting at the wasteline and putting the bottom on the top. Then you have a little sandwich...

• Visited January 2013