“Delicious food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 234 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Hawaiian
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had the furikake chicken during my vacay on the Big Island and it was amazing!!! Probably one of the best chickens I've ever eaten in my life! Totally glad that I got a chance to try it. They have a large menu and alot of other stuff looked good on the menu, so I'd recommend you to give this place a try if you're staying in Kona!

Visited August 2013

“Amazing local flavor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Loved this placed. We ordered one of the chicken and braised short ribs bento box specials. It also came with an egg and sea weed rice. This was our favorite dish here on the island. The beef was tender and the chicken was juicy and flavorful. Def. check it out if you're looking for local flavor.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kailua Kona
“Great Food..... but.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

A group of co-workers ordered take out and everyone love what they ordered. Very tasty local plates. Delicious sweet potato salad, garlic chicken and shrimp. But, this restaurant is in serious need of a "make over". The carpets are DIRTY, walls need fresh paint. Hawaiian art would look nice on the walls. Tables could be improved. The food was so good and if I hadn't had so many friends give a good recommendation I would have walked out as soon as I saw the condition of the diningroom. I'm glad I stayed and ordered their fantastic take-out. I hope the owners will make the much needed improvements so they will stay in business.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“What? Inside a laundromat?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Recommended by a local. This is a must do restaurant! Try the loco moco or the garlic chicken. If you have attitude or think or think it's going to be a luxurious experience don't go. If you like finding local spots with the best food, this place is for you!

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Last Chance spam musubi at the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

About a month ago, Broke da Mouth Grindz opened a shop at the KOA airport. it's where the old rental car counters were. Terrible signage - am told the airport won't let them put up anything better. I would never have known they were there except the Alaska Airlines guy told me about "across the street". Nice Portuguese sausage and fried rice breakfast; my wife had a special lunch plate spaghetti and toast - ono! I had to buy a spam musubi roll to go to eat on the plane.

The only place to get food outside of security at the airport. Stop by the Ellison Onizuka NASA memeriol across the stree while you're there. it's worth it!

• Visited February 2013