“1/2 day fishing Great trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 204 Activities in Kailua-Kona
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful 34 foot custom sport fishing boat. Penn International fishing gear.. The absolute best.We continually produce more trophy game fish than any one here in Kona..The best big game fishing in the world out our front door...Combine your trip Whale watch Snorkel and fish, also Dolphin encounter. We can custom your water experience with anything you want to do.. Enjoy your holiday with us..
Warsaw, MO
4 attraction reviews
“1/2 day fishing Great trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Four of us went on a half day trip from 11 AM to 3 PM. Had 9 bites before we landed a couple of good fish. A Blue Marlin and a spearfish. What a great experience watching the Marlin come in. Both fish are going to be mounted. I would highly recommend this excursion. If there are four of you ask about renting the boat for a private charter instead of a shared. We paid $125 per person for a share but we were offered a trip the next day for $400 for 4 people because he had nothing booked and wanted to go out.

Visited February 2013

Del Norte, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
“Camelot x 2 - fishing and manta snorkel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I went out on a half day shared fishing trip with Camelot and enjoyed every minute of it. It's true that we didn't even have a bite but, from I heard, most of the other fishing boats were also pretty much skunked that day. And maybe it would have been different if we had done an 8 hour charter. The Camelot is a wonderful boat and her crew very friendly. Being out on the ocean was restful and relaxing. The highlight of the trip was seeing the spinner dolphins as we came back to the marina. The Camelot went close enough for us to see them while maintaining a respectful distance as all boats should and are required to. The same day, we took another Camelot Sport Fishing Boat, the Mojo, out on a Manta Ray night snorkel. First of all, the boat is amazing and her crew are amazing. The Mojo is fitted out to a "T". It was so comfortable and even more so because they take out a very limited number of people (I think maybe up to 8 but it might be just six). We got to the dock at about 2:45 and left for the old airport area shortly after. Once there, we were able to do a afternoon snorkel (only 2-3 other boats there at the time) which was very enjoyable. There weren't a lot of fish, but the ones we did see were varied and beautiful. The Mojo crew then assisted us in getting our half wetsuits on and otherwise prepared us for the night snorkel. Let me tell you, the woman crew member (can't remember her name) was in the water with us and always focused on our safety which I truly appreciated since I'm not used to being in the ocean at night (of course for her, it was like herding a bunch of cats). And yes, we did see mantas, and more mantas, and more mantas! This was the most amazing underwater creature I have ever seen and would place it towards the the top of my adventures on the Big Island - a definite repeat if I'm fortunate to return to the Big Island. When we made it back to our boat, the most amazing thing happened to me - a manta swam straight toward me and upturned within 2-3 inches of me and then came back for another view. Now it's true, the Mojo tour is pricier than other area tours, but it's so worth being one of a few on a luxurious boat than one of a horde on a larger boat. Aloha and mahalo to the Camelot and Mojo.

Visited November 2012