“Avoid at all cost” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #155 of 234 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Mexican
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I used to go to this place at least once a week for 2 years and loved everything about it.
But, after new management took over almost a year ago I had consistent bad expieriences over and over. so much so that I said I would never go back.
Tonight I decided to give it another shot and I wish I didnt.
I got there an hour and a half before closing and they were already putting stuff away. I ordered tacos with ground beef and the girl sighed loud enough for me to hear and said they were out and she didnt have time to make more. While taking the soft shell out of the press she ripped it and just kept on making it.
Then, after putting on my toppings her phone rang so she left me standing there to go answer it. About 2 mins later a guy came out and grabbed my tacos with his bare hands and asked if I was done. I was shocked at how rude and unsanitary these people were. It is really said that these people have truly ran one of my favorite places into the ground.
Whatever you do, do not waste your money on this place there are way better places to eat trust me. For really nice authentic Mexican try El Maguey or Rosas Cantini both within a mike of this dive.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Robbed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was tired of 'hawaiian' fried food and wanted something fresher and cheaper so I asked for the item with the most amount of vegetables, I was told it was the taco salad. So I ordered it along with a soda (had to throw it away; lemonade tasted like chemicals). Well I get the salad (add-on of guacamole, extra charge!) and it filled with iceberg lettuce, only a few beans on the bottom, some strands of cheese on top and pico de gallo. That's it, that's all. At this point I was getting used to being ripped off or over-paying for food in Hawaii so when I paid over 10$ for this and did not find one piece of meat I just thought maybe it's the Hawaii way again...come to find out it's not and the idiots thought I wanted vegetarian; even if that were the case the price should have been less and/or they should have substituted the meat for other vegetables and not a ton of shredded iceberg.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

As always, food was good and the standard prices you'd find at this chain of restaurants. Little out of the way, but it's near other shopping so it's a good place to stop in for a bite if you don't want fine dining.

Visited September 2012
Rancho Cordova, California
“Fast and Fresh...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

A good quick lunch spot... if you time it right. Try to get there before or after the noontime crowd, and when all the ingredients for your items are fresh and ready!

• Visited June 2012