“The best of the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nancy's Hideaway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kailua-Kona
Nancy's Hideaway
73-1530 Uanani Place, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740   |
Special Rate
$120 (USD)
Ranked #4 of 13 Kailua-Kona B&B and Inns
Kingsport, TN
“The best of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

What a great place to stay! Of the 6 B & B's that the wife and I stayed in during 3 weeks on 3 islands, this one was the best of the best. I would ditto the comments of other recent reviewers. My favorite part of the Nohea Studio is its privacy and nice view from the lanai. Nancy's breakfast early in the morning at the intimate table on the lanai was a memory maker for me. You can also see the ocean through the vegetation --- we awoke one morning seeing a cruise ship in the distance. Location is also noteworthy, making a day trip north or south convenient. Thanks Nancy for making the first leg of our trip so memorable.

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed in the Studio for 11 nights and enjoyed it so much that I changed my plans so I could stay an additional 7 nights. The Studio is a tranquil, quite, impeccably clean, well appointed and everything that a lovely spot to stay is. Nancy could give lessons to many people of how to manage a vacation home/B&B incredibly well.

The geckos, beautiful foliage and tropical plans just added to the "chill" factor and the dozen or so parrots that would fly overhead from time to time were something that few habitats still have.

It's only a matter of time before I come back, it's one of the very few locations on my personal A++ list.

Bonus points for a quiet nights sleep without the noise of the tree frogs found in other areas near Kona who chip until 3.30AM!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Carson City, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

When I read Tripadvisor reviews several months ago, I couldn't understand how anyplace could get so many stellar ratings. Now I understand. It's just splendid. It's very quiet, beautifully furnished, spotless, in a gorgeous setting. It's great as a place to relax and as a base to visit all the corners of the Big Island. It's perhaps 10 minutes from town and very convenient (and there's a really nice market only two miles away), but it is far enough from streets and hub-bub that it is quite serene.

Room Tip: We had the Nahele cottage, which was extremely private and had a very nice lanai.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Nancy's Hideaway for 5 nights at the end of a month long trip, and it was just the relaxing stay we had hoped for. We got an email a few days before we arrived to say that we were being upgraded to the Nahele Cottage, which was really nice, so got off to a good start! The cottage was nice and very clean and there was Sky TV and a DVD player with some DVDs and quite a few books to read and take away. Nancy came in every day to tidy up and make the bed and things, which we weren't really expecting, so that was nice! The breakfast was also lovely - fresh muffins and pastries and fruit - and was a real treat! The only thing I would say is that it is a drive away from the main town, so if you want to be in the middle of things and stay out and have a drink the location may not be ideal for you, but is a great place to stay if you don't mind this.

• Stayed October 2013
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The new bride and I enjoyed four night at Nancy's Nahele Cottage. After 4 nights on Oahu a few nights in the cloud forest were exactly what we were looking for, and we found it! The cottage (and Nancy) provided privacy, seclusion, fresh breakfast, a beautiful yard and view and great information about the area. Kona is a short drive away. The cottage was immaculately clean and the cool evenings were beautiful. If we ever have the opportunity to come back to Hawai'i we will definitely be looking to stay at Nancy's again.

Aachen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Nancys Hideway truly is just that - a wonderfully peaceful and quiet place up the hill from Kona. It is much cooler here than down at seelevel, which made it very comfortable to sleep. The little studio lies in a beautiful tropical garden with a view through the trees down to the sea. Nancy is a great host making sure we had everything we needed. We'd love to come back one time.

Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Nancy's for our honeymoon over a year ago, and I still think about it all the time and wish we could go back! We stayed in the cottage for 4 days, and it was the perfect location to begin the honeymoon. A short car ride to downtown, five minutes from a coffee plantation (which has now turned my husband into a coffee drinker!), and beautiful views. It is quiet, has everything you need, and Nancy provides fresh fruit and snacks daily (Every time I eat mangoes I think of Hawaii now). I loved the seclusion, the privacy, the beauty. We will definitely stay there in the future. Absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nancy's Hideaway? Share your experiences!