I got an incredible deal for this hotel (with Pleasant Holidays), but they do charge a mandatory $30 resort fee. I'm giving 4 stars based on the price that I paid, because I feel that this is more like a 3.6 star resort.. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 7 nights. The room was a good size, and even though many complained about the bathroom, I thought it was fine (although the toilet itself is quite old, and I had to use a little bit of a force to flush the toilet, and can only do it when the toilet seat is down). Bed is the standard comfortable Sheraton beds, and the armchair is nice and cushion-y. I do wish they had an ottoman to go with it. There was a fridge, and a microwave was brought to our room after inquiring at guest services. We had a mountain view room (facing the parking lot right aove the trolley stop), but we were on the 5th floor so we couldn't see the cars, even though we can hear them quite clearly.
The pool is nice, and there are always lots of chairs to lounge on. The slide is fun but very slow.
There is a towel hut where you can borrow towels for as long as you stay at the hotel, meaning you can bring them anywhere on the island as long as you return them by the end of your stay.
We didn't have time to participate in any of the hotel activities, which we regret, but there are so much to see outside of the hotel! Just make sure to rent a car (4wd recommended!)
However, there were two incidents that upset me during my stay. 1) We had planned on a two day trip to the Volcano side of the island, leaving very early on one day, and coming back late at night on the next. I called guest services and asked if I could have my room cleaned on day one, and not on day two (since Sheraton provides a $5 voucher for declining house keeping). The lady on the phone was nice, and told me that I should go ahead and put the sign for no cleaning on the door before I leave, and that she would call the supervisor and make sure they clean my room that day. Well, when we came back from our mini-trip, our room was just as messy as we had left it. 2) Since we were gone for 2 whole days, I asked front desk if there was any way they could waive our resort fee (just for 1 day). The man working was courteous, and said he would have to ask his manager, and will get back to me (call me) with an answer. Well, I never heard from him again. I do understand if it is not possible to waive the fee, but I would have appreciated if I got a response.
Overall a nice hotel. The lobby was amazing. The restaurant has excellent mahi mahi burgers. Located right next to Manta Ray Snorkel tours. But although staff are nice and courteous, customer service needs to be more on top of it!
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Kailua Kona
- Sheraton Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Sheraton
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa At Keauhou Bay Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the diversity of Hawaii's Big Island with family and friends at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa. From stargazing atop majestic Mauna Kea to tours of nearby Kona Coffee farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Starwood, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.