I visited the Big Island of Hawaii for my second time in almost 10 years to attend the annual Queen Lili outriggger race. I decided to stay at this property because the location seemed ideal, I got a great rate, and it had all the amenities I was looking for in a hotel - full service, awesome views, spa, etc. On a quick note, I stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa during my first visit as I was a former Hilton employee and my origianl expectations staying at the Sheraton was slightly above average, so as not to be disappointed.
Upon my arrival at the Sheraton, I was greeted pleasantly by the Valet. The entrance was very nice and passing through the entry way, the hotel has a BEAUTIFUL view of the ocean! I was in awe and very excited that I chose the right place to stay. Then came check-in...I was greeted politely and checked-in. I asked a few questions about the area and the hotel - answers were short and straight to the point. Ok, limited conversation, no prob...from that point on, I had limited conversation with the front desk. The service was OK for the rest of my stay. I checked out the restaurants and the menus for both looked about average and prices were what I expected at any hotel.
I will be returning to this hotel next month (Jan 2013) because it offer really good rates, was it my first choice,not necessarily, but I thought I'd give it another try. Again service was average and I'm a pretty easy going, experienced traveler who also works in the hotel industry (sales/catering), so I won't fault the service too badly...HOWEVER....a few words of advise to the Powers that Be at this property and those who read these reviews - chatty agents amongst themselves when there are guests in line waiting to be helped should be limited...friendly smiles with sincere "welcomes" in the Aloha State would be nice, and more staff in the morning in the cafe on the ground floor when occupancy is higher.
Mahalo and A Hui Hou!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the diversity of Hawaii's Big Island with family and friends at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa. From stargazing atop majestic Mauna Kea to tours of nearby Kona Coffee farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Starwood, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa At Keauhou Bay Hawaii/Kailua-Kona