“New location - Kaiwi street Kailua-Kona” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
St. George, Utah
“New location - Kaiwi street Kailua-Kona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stumbled across this restaurant while hungry. Apparently previously south of Kona, that location closed when the theater closed. Now on the north side of Kona on Kaiwi street. Lunch was good, servers were attentive. I had the local fresh cod, wife and kids had different pastas. Think I liked my daughter's "red" sauce in the kids pasta the best. All sauces were freshly made.

Vancouver, Washington
“Lotta locals must mean something!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We came since some acquaintances said they were celebrating their birthday there. We arrived around 5:30, and were seated 'outdoors'. It was 'nice'. Not great, but nice. The waiter seemed as full of himself as many, but pleasant enough. Service was a bit slow, but we are on vacation. The food was excellent! Isn't this what you want from a restaurant? We were taken by the number of locals with their children, given the 'pricey' (a lot higher than Micky D's) menu, and actually delighted in talking to our neighboring tables. Portions were so generous that we could not finish our meals, although I personally only ordered three 'appetizers'. The bruschetta? Tasty, but a tad too salty. The calamari? I would opt for the fried over the sautéed. The eggplant lasagna? Magnifico! As was my sangria. And my wife's pasta. I'd visit there again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm Desert, California
“wonderful flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We met friends that live on the Big Island for dinner, the restaurant used to be close to their home but it moved into Kona. We sat out on a patio and ate wonderful food in a unhurried setting. The staff and owner were friendly. The inside of the restaurant is undergoing some kind of renovation, so it is only patio dining. It is in a industrial part of town, but well worth looking for.

Visited February 2014
“Horrible service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I might be a bit critical because I'm in the industry but the service is unbelievably sloooooow. After waiting 22 minutes for drinks she didn't bring all of them. The waitress had no idea what multi tasking is. She would bring checks out one at a time as well as food and drinks. That's why they make trays lady. The only thing she was fast about was dropping the check. My rigatoni was bland and runny. The bread tasted 2 days old. Don't go there!

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Worst ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This place seemed so promising and ended up being an epic fail. Waited 20+ mins for drinks (a soda and a Draft beer)
Got bread after entrees were served and the first basket must have been at least 2 days old. One entrée was good the other was miserable. Our server was one of the worst ever. She had no sense of urgency. She just strolled around not taking her job seriously. To describe this restaurant in one word it would be "pitiful"