Just returned from a week stay here with our toddler
*Nice sized 1-bedroom condo.
*Great leeward weather in Kona
*Quiet - no sounds but for the Monday night luau music at adjacent hotel
*Supplies replenished at front desk include coffee, soap, shampoo, dish detergent, salt/pepper
*Not on the beach - nearest beach 5-10 minutes up Ali'i drive - Barking Sands
good beaches are 25+ minutes north (best are 50 minutes north)
*No baby pools for toddlers
*Our condo 20-133 had issues -microwave & oven hood would turn off intermittently, tub drain sometimes would not close for a bath.
*Mattress was TERRIBLE - very old with two body indentations. It was one of the worst mattresses I've used at quality accommodations (I used to travel extensively for business.)
*Took two different requests by different front desk staff to attempt to address mattress issue. I think they just made up the bed after the 2nd request - so I slept on the bad sleeper sofa mattress the rest of the trip.
*You can't drive right up to your condo - we walked 5-10 min to ours but it was nice exercise.
*Mid-to late-afternoon VOG (volcanic clouds) often blocked the sun & sunsets.
*Bad & slow internet in the evenings. Apparently couldn't handle capacity at peak times, as early morning (6-7am) worked fine.
*Few views of ocean will soon be gone as adjacent beachfront development in process.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona