This was our first time on the "Big Island", and we stayed 4 nights at the Holua Resort. First off, I must say the staff are superb, especially the night desk staff, who showed us to our room when we had a late check-in due to a delayed flight. As everything was closed by the time we arrived (past 11pm local time), we were quite thirsty, and when I inquired as to where the closest convenience stores or vending machines were, the gentleman just offered by a handful of juices and water from his own personal stash, as nothing was open at that time other than maybe Safeway in town. I was quite appreciative, and as I asked what I owed him for the juices and water, he politely declined any payment! I left him a tip which he insisted wasn't necessary, and I think this interaction best sums up most of our experience at the resort. Everyone we came across were friendly and helpful, without expecting anything in return.
The rooms themselves were much larger than we expected, with a very nice lanai. The interiors were a little dated, but clean and quite comfortable, and the space was nice to have as we were travelling with an infant. The dish detergent and packet of laundry detergent was a nice touch also for the included in suite washer/dryer.
We quite enjoyed our stay here and would definitely consider staying again if we return to Hawaii in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona