This was probably our 4th stay at Holua, and we've thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. While not one of the palatial, over-the-top, “marble everything” resorts, it has always fit us perfectly. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the suites are spotless and quiet because of the location of the parking garage and the distance from the road. And the landscaping is possibly their pride and joy; very beautiful and very Hawaiian.
Holua is primarily a timeshare resort (we're Shell Vacations Club members), and the units are quite spacious. While it does not have a beach, it's adjacent to the 2nd hole of the Kona Country Club and it's easy to walk the fairway around sundown for an incredibly gorgeous sunset.
The only break in the "quiet" is the huge and gaudy Sheraton not far away. Their luau show one evening was quite loud and annoying, as our unit faced it directly across the fairway. But all in all, we love this place.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay’s private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy eight sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you’re ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.