I'm still amazed at the quality of the service I have received here (I'm at the end of a week long stay here at the Holua Resort.) I arrived here a day early, completely without realizing it, and when I tried to check in, the desk staff helped me figure out what had happened. Sure enough, I checked my confirmation, and I had arrived early.
They found a one-night room for me (my reserved one-bedroom apt was still occupied) and reassured me that I wasn't an idiot. That was nice of them, especially since I had done an idiotic thing. They made my problem their problem and took care of a frazzled woman who should have taken her vacation sooner, obviously!
So I've stayed in both the one and two bedroom units here. The twos are a bit strange: living areas upstairs, bedrooms downstairs. I preferred the one br, which was a perfect set up for me (a single) or for a couple or a couple with small children. The living room couch folds out to a bed, there are TV's in both rooms, and so on. The kitchen is amazingly well equipped, with the expected full set of dishes and flatware but also such locally appropriate amenities as a rice cooker.
The units I stayed in were clean, well-appointed, and comfortable. The decor was attractive and bright, and everything was well-maintained.
I did not make use of the concierge to make local reservations, but I watched him work with people and he's great.
There was a pool convenient to my room. One thing I particularly liked was that instead of one large pool for the whole place, there are several smaller ones.
The location is terrific, especially for those who like Hawaiiana. Keahou Bay is nearby, a historic location with many old Hawaiian sites and wonderful snorkeling. If you are interested in the nightlife of Kailua-Kona, though, you'll want to stay closer in to town. There are many good restaurants nearby here, with many choices of cuisine and price range.
I loved it here, and I'll be back. More than anything, the kind aloha I received at the front desk when I wandered in here made me a fan forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona