The Bad ... first room in unit 20 on the second floor ... had such an odor (son and husband said it smelled like urine). I couldn't tell because I was exhausted from the 15 hr. flights. Went to the service desk, compained and gave us another room in another unit, 16-202. This unit was much better. No odor. Decor was great and the lanai faced the golf course. However, around 7:30 every morning, the family in the unit above us, would wake us up with their opening of drawers and running. . After 2 days, finally complained to the front desk and they called security to address the issue. Fortunately, the guy was leaving the next morning. Ask for a unit on the third floor, probably wouldn't hear all the noise. Also, stay away from Aloha Fridays, the onsite restaurant. Ate there the following morning. (wanted breakfast, but waitress said it was too late for that). Husband wanted something on the menu and waitress said they were out of it. I opted for a chicken wrap (which was supposed to have grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, caesar dressing and croutons). When the wrap came, after several bites, didn't taste the chicken. Opened it up and wow! No chicken!!! All it contained was a few croutons and a lot of romaine lettuce. All at the "bargain price" of $12.9!!! Which ticked me off to no end. Called the waitress over, showed her the sandwich and she made all kinds of excuses, like they were out of chicken, but that the cook would make me some. Meanwhile, I'm sitting there with a sandwich basically consisting of lettuce sitting in front of me. She comes back and says that the cook is marinating the chicken. Returns a few minutes later and says she's bringing me the chicken to put in my sandwich. Told her by now that the wrap is saturated with the dressing and that I wanted a new sandwich made, with the grilled chicken inside of it. Ten minutes later, comes back with a new sandwich, about 1/2 the size of the original one. Guess the first order they tried to con me into thinking there was chicken? Went to reach for the original sandwich to get more romaine lettuce out of it, but she grabs it and takes it away. Looked inside and saw that there wasn't grilled chicken, but a few pieces of fried chicken cut up. And this for $11.95! What a rip off. By now disgusted with the entire matter and vowed never to return to this rip off of a restaurant. However, did want to say that my son enjoyed his burger that he ordered there. But the chicken wrap incident left such a bad taste in my mouth no pun intended), that we vowed never to eat there again. And didn't.
Also my son said the main pool was cold. Not heated? You also have to drive about a mile to the beach (Magic Sands) or 30 minutes to one of the nicer beaches (Hapuna)
The Good ... did not get charged for A/C, but there were several people checking in that did. I think it had something to do with the website (suntrips.com) that we used to book the package. Loved the fact that housekeeping was included. Usually when we stay at condos, it's not. Loved that all I had to do was call down for extra towels or have the room cleaned at our convenience. Many times we were still asleep when housekeeping came and seeing the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, left a card asking us to call down when convenient for service. When we had a problem with the people above us, they did their best to resolve the issue. All in all, a very spacious room for the price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Coast Resort on Hawaii's Big Island sits on 21 acres of lush, tropical gardens and offers spectacular views of palm trees and calm waters. 267 spacious and air-conditioned villas at Kona Coast Resort are designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a magnificent Pacific coastline view or a manicured tropical garden view from its private lanai or patio and include full kitchens and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy two swimming pools (one family pool with a children’s pool and one quiet spa pool), three Jacuzzis, sauna, playground, tennis courts, volleyball, fitness center, and on-site activities like hula lessons and dive instruction. The abundance of things to do on the Big Island found within easy distance of the Kona Coast Resort is as remarkable as it is exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Kona Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Coast Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Coast Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona