This is a great resort! I recently traded through RCI to stay in Kona Coast Resort II which is the newer part of the resort(1990). I had a beautiful one bedroom with a golf course/ocean view. The resort is quiet and close enough to downtown Kailua-Kona so that you can walk(if you feel that industrious) or drive(5 min). There's a shopping center across the street from the resort that has a grocery store, pharmacy, cinema, and several restaurants, and there are several beaches right down the street. You couldn't ask for a better location.
For quick casual food, Aloha Friday's by the pool is a good place to go. Service is quick, the portions are huge, and the staff at the resort is friendly(not just the ones at the bar).
This is the first resort I've stayed in that provided a complimentary starter pack that included popcorn, small salt/pepper shakers, sugar, etc. and a bottle of water, in addition to coffee, to tide you over until you went to the grocery store. Definitely a nice touch. You do pay for AC if you want it, but that doesn't seem to be unusual in Hawaii. However, this resort had louvered windows and screens on the patio door to make it easy for those who didn't want AC to get a decent breeze. My only complaint, which is very minor, is that there was no laundry basket, no Tupperware containers for leftover food, and no available outlet for charging electronics on the nightstand if you slept on the side of the bed with the clock and lamp. The wifi is adequate for surfing the internet, checking email, etc. and was usually fastest in the morning. However, if you plan on streaming or doing anything else you will probably find it a little slow. All in all, the pros far out weigh the cons. I can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Coast Resort on Hawaii's Big Island sits on 21 acres of lush, tropical gardens and offers spectacular views of palm trees and calm waters. 267 spacious and air-conditioned villas at Kona Coast Resort are designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a magnificent Pacific coastline view or a manicured tropical garden view from its private lanai or patio and include full kitchens and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy two swimming pools (one family pool with a children’s pool and one quiet spa pool), three Jacuzzis, sauna, playground, tennis courts, volleyball, fitness center, and on-site activities like hula lessons and dive instruction. The abundance of things to do on the Big Island found within easy distance of the Kona Coast Resort is as remarkable as it is exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Kona Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Coast Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Coast Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona