“Night Dive with the Manta rays” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 204 Activities in Kailua-Kona
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Adventures Kealakekua Bay Snorkel Tours Manta Ray Evening Snorkels and Whale Watching Cruises (seasonalOur Snorkel Tours include Coastline Viewing, Talk Story, Food, Fun, Beverage and Captain Cook Snorkeling. Our crew and boat, Coast Guard certified, has a great way of teaching reef protection, coloring the legends and making it the best snorkel in Kona. See website for Special Website Discounts!
Saint George, Utah
3 attraction reviews
“Night Dive with the Manta rays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

What a high!
Snorkeling with the Manta rays is probably on my top ten list of incredible things to do.
To have one of these gentle giants swim underneath you, skimming past your body is for lack of a better word, Awesome! For those of you that have never been, you enter the water after dark and wait for the water ballet to begin. The Mantas can reach a wing span of up to 20 feet. To be in the presence of such a magnificent creature is a magical adventure and one I highly recommend.
Thank you Captain Mike, I loved flying across the ocean on the Zodiac. You made this a most memorable adventure.

Visited May 2013

“Worth the $”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to snorkle with the Manta Rays at night. My mother is 76 and has never snorkeled. I figured I would have to teach her and take care of her for this adventure. The crew did EVERYTHING! My mom had a wonderful time and so did I. The rays came right up to us and touched my mom. It is impossible to capture the activity in words but we tipped $40 because it was so wonderful. One word-GO! This company is great and I highly recommend them.

Visited July 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Excellent manta ray snorkel trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I joined the manta ray snorkel trip offered by Splashers Ocean Adventures in Kailua-Kona. Excellent guide, excellent captain, attentive friendly staff. I had a wonderful time. Gear was clean and well maintained. Price was reasonable. Boat was comfortable. The manta rays come very close to you, as close as 2 inches or less. Consider this fact if you have a phobia of large animals, although manta rays are completely harmless (no teeth, no stinger, no aggressive behavior). I enjoyed it so much that I signed up 2 more times for the same trip.

Visited July 2013
Montgomery, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
“Fun for entire family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was a fantastic outing! Water was clear & gorgeous blue. Dolphins were amazing! Fish & coral easily visible everywhere, whether you stayed at top or dove down. Preserve is not crowded with boats & snorkelers like other areas. Boat was easy to enter & exit for children to seniors. Crew was knowledgeable & fun. They looked out for everyone in the water. Our first time snorkelers had wonderful experience. Plenty of water & fruit drinks as well as snacks to keep everyone happy. Fast boat ride along beautiful coast.

Visited June 2013
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Manta night snorkel is a MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Being born and raised here on the island we tend to take these great activities that are offered for granted .Im so glad that i took the oppurtunity to go with splashers on there manta snorkel.We had mike and sari for the manta swim and they are absolutely amazing and both have great knowledge about the mantas and make you feel so comfortable.Most people are nervous about it being a "night" swim but that is not the case it is so well light that you almost forget its at night. On our particular trip we seen dozens of mantas, watching these beautiful HUGE ocean butterflys swim was just an incredible expierence....I will definitely be doing this again!!!

Visited June 2013