“This is such an amazing experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphin Journeys - Day Tours

Dolphin Journeys - Day Tours
74-425 Kealakehe Parkway #14, In Honokohau Harbor, Gentry's Kona Marina, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
+1 808-329-3030
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Journeys offers unique and intimate excursions daily, both shared and exclusive. We take you swimming and snorkeling with dolphins during the day and with the angelic manta rays after sunset. All meals, snacks, drinks and snorkel gear are provided for you, as well as a swim support crew member who is in the water with you at all times. During the winter season, we take you out on our boat to see the magnificent Humpback whales. In addition, we snorkel around beautiful reefs, and can take you hiking around Volcanoes National Park and Pololu Valley. We also offer very exclusive, week long transformational retreats in March and September.
Anaheim, California
“This is such an amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I absolutely loved this and highly recommend using Dolphin Journeys! The crew of Randy and Captain Rich were very knowledgeable and made this a special. We swam with a ton of dolphins and got to see them jump and play. It was absolutely amazing and I would do it again. Like others have said, this isn't some interaction where you will be in a shallow pool. The dolphins are wild and aren't swimming to find you. That being said, I definitely had to work to get to the dolphins. I did a fair amount of swimming to be with them, but it was BEYOND worth it! Once I was with a pod, they were fine with me swimming along with them and even got to swim right with 3 for almost a minute. They were extremely close...almost in reaching distance. I highly recommend Dolphin Journeys and was so grateful for all the knowledge. Captain Rich was amazing at pointing out where they were. I was beyond impressed!!

England
“Extraordinary and beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was an amazing experience and a definite highlight on our trip. Captain Nancy and her crew, Andrew, Keighley, and Sailor the dog, were incredibly helpful and fun. We were lucky in that we happened to encounter an enormous pod of spinner dolphins the moment we left the marina and swimming with them was truly beautiful. The best thing about Dolphin Journeys was the fact that they only take a maximum of 6 people - so we always felt well looked after and never got lost in the crowd (except when we were with the dolphins!). The crew were also respectful of the dolphins and never lost sight of the fact that these are wild creatures and the decision to interact with us had to be theirs. Thank you Captain Nancy for a wonderful day! My husband and I agree that we would recommend Dolphin Journeys unreservedly.

9 attraction reviews
“Powerfully exhilarating, organized, ecologically responsible, positively joyful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was cautiously optimistic. My wife and I set out for the morning dolphin experience. Nancy and crew did not make unrealistic promises but were confident. Within ten minutes of leaving shore, I was snorkelling with six dolphins, and within the hour we were swimming with between 80-90 spinner dolphins. That number is not an exaggeration, but I wouldn't believe the number if I hadn't experienced it myself. They were everywhere, playing and leaping. They allowed us within five feet or so. You can hear their high pitched communications before you see them.
I am a scientist, researcher, and psychologist, so I am optimistic but a healthy skeptic. I developed a strong respect for Nancy. She runs a tight ship, was serious about safety instructions, and yet intuitive with our needs. Lunch was appropriately simple but healthy and good.She sees the dolphins in a spiritual sense but does not push that. She is open, confident, and I suspect quite wise.
It is difficult to put into words the impact of interacting with the dolphins is. It is one of the most meaningful experiences I have ever had. I want to fly back NOW to do it again.

3 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic morning with Captain Nancy, Andrew & Keighley. We'd only been out 5 minutes when we where surrounded by dolphins. Nancy and her crew are extremely knowledgable and kept us up with the dolphins all morning. Swimming right in the middle of the pods was a truly fantastic experience. That together with the fact that they managed to keep my wife from feeling sea sick for 4 hours ( a major miracle) was great too :-). It was an amazing trip and I can't recommend them enough. Many thanks, Debbie & Paul.

Dolphinlove70, Owner at Dolphin Journeys - Day Tours, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank You Debbie and Paul! It was great to have you aboard the Dolphin TLC! It was a fun Day! Hope to see you again soon! Aloha, Nancy
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful day with Dolphin Journeys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a wonderful day with Captain Nancy and her crew. We were able to follow the dolphins from the boat and then enter the water to swim with them. Her two crew members accompanied us in the water and were able to point us in the right direction. The experience of swimming with the dolphins was amazing and certainly one of the highlights of our week on the Big Island. Highly recommended.