“Best part of our amazing trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 204 Activities in Kailua-Kona
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the magic of observing and swimming with Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins in the wild. We offer shared and private charters for individuals and groups. Snorkel equipment, food, and trained, experienced swim guides are provided to ensure you a great experience on the water. Our guests frequently tell us this adventure was the highlight of their vacation on the Big Island of Hawaii. We hope to see you soon!
San Antonio, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Best part of our amazing trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I, along with our 3 children (ages 7, 9, 12) went out with Ray and Jan on their beautiful boat. Even though the water was quite busy that day with other boat/cruise traffic, they still managed to find dolphins for us to join in the water! I enjoyed the small group (it was just our family), as opposed to larger tours that seem impersonal and perhaps a bother for the dolphins. Our youngest was fearful at first, but Jan was great with her and let her get back in the water in due time. She ended up LOVING the trip, as we all did.

Huntington Beach, California
“Very personal caring team!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

While I do not advise on the swimming with dolphin experience now that I have experienced it I can not say enough for this caring Captain and his first mate, Katerina. For one thing you do not really swim with them. The dolphins are sleeping and surface for air. They do not interact with you. This place gets very crowded with people wanting to experience swimming with the dolphins, just like us. The boat ride itself was worth the price to me. We saw probably a hundred dolphins. We were provided with a morning "spread", endless soft drinks and water. Later we had a lovely lunch and dessert. As it became more crowded our Captain suggested we go elsewhere and the six of us were in agreement. He took us to a cove where about 60 foot down we saw manta rays 12-16 foot across-you can not imagine how big and impressive these creatures are. As we were snorkeling my grand daughter started screaming that something was biting her. She was immediately helped back onto the boa.t When we saw the rope-like welts appear the captain doused her with vinegar. Katerina applied cold soda cans to her welts and they just cared so well for her. But what really impressed me was that night Captain Ray called us to see how she was doing. You can not help nature, I didn't see any jellyfish but that is what her welts looked like. But the care from this team really impressed me. Would I go with them again? Yes, I would.

Saint James, New York
“Extraordinary for all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Capt Ray and his crew (Katarina) provided my family with an extraordinary adventure! We were resigned with the fact that we weren't going to see dolphins after searching high and low and were prepared to settle for an amazing snorkeling adventure. After snorkeling at a reef for about an hour, Capt Ray told us he located a pod of dolphin about an hour and a half away. It sholud have meant we would run out of time, but he simply said if we had nowhere else to be, we should go for it! After lunch on his amazing boat... WE SWAM WITH THE DOLFINS. His staff (Katarina) was unbelievable! She couldn't do anything more to make this adventure more personal. I felt from the minute we stepped on board to the time we left that we were cruising with family!

Visited July 2013
CaptainRayjay, Owner at Dolphin Swim Adventures with OneLoveOneSpirit, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Yup, sometimes you just have to go for it! We are so grateful that your day on the water was memorable. Thank you again for choosing OneLove. Capt. Ray
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Live With the Dolphins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Of course we cannot live with the Dolphins..but we can share a brief moment in time with them. That is exactly what Captain Ray and Swim Guide Katharina did for us. from the very start we were made comfortable and welcome. We seemed to be more than guests. we were friends. captain Ray found a pod of Dolphins immediately and we got in the water only to have the pod ignore us and go their way without a second glance. However, after the third try the Dolphins stopped to engage us. In the water the pod stopped to play. They seemed to enjoy us as much as we enjoyed them. They swam circles around us, looked us over with their beautiful eyes. And I mean eye to eye. They would come close without actually touching us, smiling at us all the while. I am not doing this interaction justice. You must experience it for yourself. It all would not have been possible without Captn Ray and swim guide Katharina. They had the experience and knowledge of Dolphin behavior needed to make this experience so memorable. Thank you both.

Visited June 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Great time and unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Captain Ray was recommended to us by a friend. What a great recommendation! We met Ray and Katerina at the dock and boarded the Shogun, a beautiful and well kept 38 foot sport fisherman. We rode out through the swells to the west side of the island and chatted with Ray and Katerina about marine life, what it is like living on the Big Island, and what we were about to see. The Dolphins control the activity and they permitted us to slip into the water off the diving deck of the Shogun and watch the pods of dophins with their young move up the coast. On this day the dophins were on the move, so we would pile back into the boat and run north past the pod so that we could drop in to the water again to see them go by. We repeated this several times and each time we were amazed by what we were seeing. We finally had to turn back to the Marina and enjoyed stunning scenes of the coast of Hawaii on our trip back South. This is an experience that I believe we will always remember and cherish! If you can, try this out!

Visited June 2013