“Grand Circle Island Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Tour
Ranked #111 of 204 Activities in Kailua-Kona
Type: Tours, Adventure
Bronx, New York
“Grand Circle Island Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

"Cousin Dwight" was a Great Tour Guide! They say you learn something everyday, we learned alot this day! This tour gives you the opportunity to see the island on a short given time. The only down side, it is a bit to long, but understand you do get to see alot and are able to go to different areas on the North of the Island.

Visited April 2014

South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
23 attraction reviews
“Grand Circle Island & Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

It was nice at first to see that we were being picked up in a motor coach versus a minibus as we were tight in a minibus the day before and the coach had elevated views but with the larger bus, the driver couldn't hear my questions nor my responses to his questions to us. The tour was as expected. The guide was very knowledgable about the island and the stops were appropriate in length. For those looking for an overview of the big island this is the tour for you.

Visited April 2014
Brooklyn, New York
9 attraction reviews
“I saw Hawaii 5-0 Headquarters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This tour was billed as a tour of Pearl Harbor and Waikiki. We had a very nice senior tourguide. we were flying from the Big Island to Oahu for the tour and the company accommodated our need for land only as we were flying on points. They also gave us the online discount, even though I had to call for the reservation since I had a special request flying on my own. The told me which flight to get on as well and I was able to use my points for the same exact flight saving over $800 for 4 ppl.

The tour was exactly as billed and provided us with a comprehensive tour of Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona and Missouri as well as other attractions. We had a nice city tour and ended the day in Waikiki having dinner on the beach. It was lovely.

The tour operator accommodated my request to see the statue featured so prominently in front of King H..... at Hawaii 5-0 headquarters and my husband's request to see where President Obama lived, worked and went to school. She pointed out where other prominent films had been filed as well.

We had tinkered with doing this on our own and saving the tour fee. But the US Park Service website had no available reservations the entire week of our stay.

The tour was the only way to guarantee getting in to the site. I recommend this tour.

Visited February 2014
South Carolina
16 attraction reviews
“A long but educational tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

For those impatient to get to the beach, this tour isn't for you. However, if you want to know where to go and what to see, Polynesian Adventure Tours is where you need to start. We took this tour on our second day in Kona and were somewhat hesitant about a ten hour tour on a tour bus. From the moment we departed, Cousin Greg, our tour guide, began to teach us about the history of the Hawaiian islands. Each point of interest was explained in such a way that the trip didn't seem as long as it actually was. With stops at the Royal Kona Coffee shop, The Macadamia nut factory and a quaint little restaurant that was a bit overpriced but relaxing, the tour was completely enjoyable.

Visited February 2014
Austin, Texas
18 attraction reviews
“Full Day Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We did the Grand Circle Island Tour and really enjoyed it. It was a long day (>11 hours), but it allowed us to experience the whole island in comfort without having to drive it ourselves. It was planned well with frequent stops for sightseeing. Tommy was our guide and we actually liked his dry sense of humor and laughed quite a bit (it was dry humor but not condescending as I read below). He also was very informative and we learned a lot. Otherwise the bus ride might have gotten boring.

Visited January 2014

Been to Gray Line Hawaii - Polynesian Adventure Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Gray Line Hawaii - Polynesian Adventure Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.