“dont be afraid!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Somerset, UK
“dont be afraid!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

i actively sought this place out after reading the reviews on here and i wasnt disappointed. My husband was dubious as its just a small little place that you might miss if you werent looking for it.
Its a bit intimidating when you go in as there are a lot of choices but the guys were more than happy to help and offer their best choices.
It was delicious!! You must go!

Visited March 2013

Vancouver, BC
“Awesome lunch....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stopped on the way back from the beach for lunch. It was 1pm and still busy. My wife and I shared the Da Poke Plate, 2 scoops of rice (we had brown and it was really good for plain rice!) and the da poke shack special poke, kim chi shrimp as our bottom shelf picks and the seaweed salad and the potato salad as our sides. $21.36. We both had lots to eat and rice leftover. It was delicious. We remarked that we had a nice seafood dinner a few nights before at the Kona Inn restaurant and spent $104 (with drinks mind you) and Da Poke Shack was better food. Great service. Authentic Hawaiian food. Our one regret....waiting until day 5 of our 7 days in Kona to try it...When we arrived there were 2 groups ahead of us. By the time we left the line was out the door....and I know why!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moraga, California
“Great stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Went there twice. The poke is fresh and tasty, and they even have quinoa now! The service was friendly - the counter guy asked us where we were headed both times. The seaweed salad was great. Prices were reasonable for the island, and my wife could not finish her lunch either day.

Visited January 2014
“Long lines but WORTH THE WAIT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Visiting from Maui, we looked up the best place to eat in Kona on Trip Advisor, and Da Poke Shack was it! The reviews and pics say it all! As fresh as you can get, generous portions and very delicious!

A little hard to find, but definitely worth the extra effort! It's under the Kona Bali Kai condos with a small sign.

We split the Poke Plate with Wet and Sesame poke along with the sides of Seaweed and Pahole Salad and we even got an extra 1/4lbs Opihi with furikake on the Quinoa! Man, talk about BROKE DA MOUTH! Ono till the last bite!!! Seaweed Salad was nice and light, and Pahole Salad had the shrimp inside and was a nice touch with the furikake quinoa! And of course, the ahi was very flavorful and very tender!!! Super fresh and beautiful color!

I grew up in the old fishing village of Lahaina and my grandpa and uncles are fisherman so growing up on fresh fish, this took me waaaaaayyy back!!! Will definitely go back again next time we're in Kailua Kona!!! You guys need to open one in Maui! Lahaina would be a good start!

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo!

Maplewood, New Jersey
“The Poke is just too good...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have been to Kona several times and every time I am there, Da Poke Shack is a must for me. I usually go there for lunch and I have tried many items on the menu. I like the Poke Bowl with Pele's kiss and Dynamite Poke being my favorite. I have also had their Kalua Pig and their Huli Huli Chicken and they were both awesome. If you are in Kona and want to try Authentic Hawaiian food, Da Poke Shack is a must.

• Visited February 2013