“Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures- Our Adventure Partner!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 204 Activities in Kailua-Kona
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 2002 and still going strong; We have been the Winner of the Certificate of Excellence for 4 years now. We are a Big Island of Hawaii adventure for swimming with Dolphins & Manta Rays. Eco friendly, we follow the guidelines established to make our tours safe for the Manta Rays, dolphins and our guests. We are on the GREENLIST FOR MANTA RAY TOURS. ONLY CHOOSE A COMPANY THAT IS REGISTERED FOR SAFETY OF THE MANTA RAYS. manta ray greenlist Morning charters take you up the Kailua Kona coast to a pod of wild dolphins, usually 100 plus. Snorkel with them right next to you. Lunch & snacks included. Rated as #1 Night Manta Ray snorkel company by all the review web sites. These are the most exciting activities you'll do here. All gear included. These 2 activities with marine life will be a highlight of your trip. We take children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Phoenix, Arizona
“Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures- Our Adventure Partner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I'm glad I chose Capt. Ron and his team for my first snorkel/swim with Dolphins and Manta Rays! I contacted Capt. Ron several weeks prior to our planned tour and asked him a whole bunch of questions since this was our first trip to the Big Island and my friend didn't swimming! Capt. Ron's patience and thoroughness with his responses convinced me that we had chosen the right group of people for our first tour!
Capt Karl and Sheryl took us on our Dolphin tour and were very helpful and patient with us. Capt. Karl didn't mind riding the boat further just to ensure we had a good number of dolphins as the ones we'd come across earlier were fewer in number. They made my friend and me feel very comfortable and safe in the ocean. Capt. Andy was extremely helpful in guiding us lost souls Harbor and then helping me in learning how to snorkel! He was with another group but came along and quickly taught me how to snorkel and also took us really close to a large pod of dolphins! We spent a good amount of time in the ocean and weren't rushed into getting back on the boat.

The Manta Ray swimming tour was with Capt. Andy and Natalie and both of them very friendly and ensured that our trip was memorable! They are both very knowledgeable individuals and shared their experiences with us!

The food that we were served were fresh and the strawberry papayas were delectable! The brownies were heavenly and left us craving for more!

I have been and will continue to strongly recommend Coral Reef Adventures- Capt Ron, Capt Karl, Capt. Andy, Sheryl and Natalie for their experience, friendliness and their commitment to ensuring our trip was fun, safe and memorable!

Bergen, Norway
“It was the best experience we've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a great time. From booking to the great directions to the dock, to the great time on the boat. We were just two people on the boat plus the captain Carl and his 1st mate Irene so it was very personal tour. Carl and Irene were excellent, knowledgeable, fun, capable, and caring. We found a pod with more than hundred of spinner dolphins very quickly and slipped into the water to swim with them several times. All the time we had fresh fruits, sandwiches, amazing brownies and drinks along the way. We would go back to Hawaii just to do this again, it was simply an amazing experience, there are not enough words to describe it... Thank you so much, Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures.

Visited January 2013
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, USA
“Big Mahalo Captain Ron!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Big mahalo for the opportunity to experience your adventure. Over the
many years of living on this island, I have experienced many of the whale
watching and manta tours.
The time on your boat and with your crew was memorable indeed.
Captain Karl and Shawn were exceptional...the experience was enchanting,
and all the guests left feeling the spirit of Aloha!

Mahalo nui loa, Susan Mc Bride

Visited January 2013
captain96740, Owner at Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thanks you for your great review. We are so thankful for guests that really appreciate the wonderful
ocean and it's beautiful life we have here.
Captain Ron
New York City, New York
“Awesome experience but ok staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I did the dolphin swim. It was definitely an awesome experience. It took us a while to find the dolphins but we finally found a pod with 100+ dolphins. I really enjoyed seeing these playful animals in the wild but I am not sure if I would do it again because I felt like I was disturbing the dolphins and invading their space.

Our guide Jessica was friendly but she didn't know much about dolphins and other marine animals. But I guess she is not a marine biologist. Capital Andy was not very friendly. My husband and I were the only two on the boat. Andy talked to us for less than 3 mins. I felt like he just wanted to finish the tour so he could go back to sleep more.

Visited December 2012
captain96740, Owner at Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We are grateful when we receive criticism because it helps us look closely at what we are doing. It is often thought of us here in Hawaii that we live perfect lives and don't experience the problems of life that others face. Unfortunately, we do and our crew this day had a major life changing situation they were dealing with.

We most definitely should have canceled this charter especially after this review, also based on the fact that their fare was on a discount and there were only 2 persons and have the whole boat to themselves, which meant that the business would be losing money by going. It is sad that some people just don't realize what a great deal they have.
But our goal is to make a great memory not money.

Jessica is known for her knowledge of the ocean and is always complemented on how much she shares with our guests about the ocean and the marine life there. Andy is always a fun captain to be with and has so much experience, not only with our company but with others and is well liked and respected. As the previous reviews reveal much about these 2 crew members.
So, just because of this one bad review, we will not stop just taking 2 people out, if that's all we have booked and giving them a private charter for a discounted price. Our goal is to make those that choose us to have a great ocean adventure no matter what it may cost us.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“What a great day with dolphins and manta rays!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Wow wow wow!!! What a fantastic christmas morning! We will remember it all our life! Captain Ron knows where the dolphins are! He can see where is everything in the Ocean! All the staff is great, you learn a lot about all the marine life... It was christmas day and we were swimming with so many dolphins! One was at 10 inches of me and my wife! We were also swimming with a big manta ray, so many fish! We did also whale watching and we saw 4 of them! What a great day! Merci beaucoup! La journée a été exceptionnelle!!!! We will recommand this activity to everybody! It was a dream and Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures made this dream comes true! (BTW, the brownies are really good!!!)