“The BITE will last a lifetime!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded Trip Adviser Certificate of Excellence in 2012 and 2013. Specializing in sportfishing for marlin, ahi, mahi mahi and ono. Our fishing tours explore the Kona coast wherever the fish are biting. We offer half day, 3/4 day, and full day fishing Adventures and also a family favorite combination snorkel (all gear provided) and fishing trips.
Muncie, Indiana, United States
“The BITE will last a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went with Captain Chuck and Adam on our first adventure into the Pacific on my dad's 75th
Birthday. It was a beautiful day, nice water, good company, and a great crew. Hoping to land
a fish that day, we came up empty handed. We had excitement for a few seconds when a huge
Marlin hit one of our lines and then it jumped off just as quick. My heart as well as
Adam's was pumping like it was going to blow out of our chests because that fish was huge, but
it just didn't feel like coming home with us that day. I hope to go back and visit the guys again on Fire Hatt and hopefully catch the one that got away!

Visited October 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Professional yet personal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Boat & equipment high-end in perfect working order. Captain & First Mate professional in all respects showing genuine interest in their guests on the boat to accommodate partucularities. The crew genuinely love their work and eagerly share history & anicdotes of Kona and their adventures. Will definately return. Oh, we caught fish, too.

Visited September 2013
“Amazing family adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Want to say a big THANK YOU to Captain Chuck and Adam! Our family spent 3/4 day aboard the Firehatt and had an amazing time with a first class boat and crew. My kids and other family members are still talking about our day on the water. We snorkelled, followed a pod of pilot whales, raced some spinner dolphins and watched the beautiful dance of a large Blue Marlin that we hooked. If you want to fish Kona, we highly recommend FireHatt - book them! There is a reason they are so busy! Thanks again Chuck and Adam for a fantastic day. You got our trip off to an amazing start!

Visited July 2013
Ewa Beach, Hawaii, United States
“Great memories and great fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My father and I flew to Kona from Oahu for the day to go fishing with Captain Chuck and Adam for a whole day charter on 23 July 2013. We got to the harbor at 0640 and they were immediately ready to roll out. The boat was immaculate and the crew was excited which is always a plus on a fishing charter. There was water and cut fruit in the fridge. We pulled out of the harbor and immediately began to troll. My father had never been on deep sea fishing and it was great to see him so intrigued by the tackle. We have been fishing many many times together, but this was a first for both of us out in that blue water together. Adam gave us a run down on the equipment and how to hook in and fight from the chair. We were both like two kids who just got a brand new toy. Once we received our boat brief we went back to the bridge to check out the fish signs and the scenery. We had a strike within the first hour that was most likely are marlin due to the damage on the lure. We continued to troll and hooked up with and caught a Pacific Short-nosed Spearfish. It was a great looking fish! Continuing on, we then hooked up with and caught a huge 110lb Ahi! I fought that fish for about 20 minutes and finally we boated it! My dad and I get excited about catching fish, but Captain Chuck and Adam get wild! The energy on the boat was great and we were all hoopin' and hollerin' and high fiving! One of the items on my dad's bucket list is to catch a big blue marlin. I was looking at the spread and saw the strike on the lure. The marlin peeled off 300 yards of line in about 5 seconds and leaped out of the water and was dancing behind the boat! I've seen it on TV but it is a sight to see in real life. It did shake off, but we were in awe. That was the entire morning. The afternoon was slower and we didn't get any strikes. A dolphin moved into the spread but did not hit. The day ended, but we made some great memories together. My dad did not get that big blue, but that's how it goes. We'll get it next time when we come back! I would highly recommend the day charter to increase your chances of catching the big one. I plan to bring my wife and friends for another trip. Thanks for the great time guys!

Visited July 2013
Richardson
“Firehatt Sportfishing Worst Trip Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The captain is an absolute jerk. All he wanted to talk about was how clean his boat was. It is clean because he doesn't know how to catch fish. We did catch a big inflated trash bag because the captain thought there might be a marlin under it and hooked the trailing line. I went in May because he said that was the best time to catch marlin. You should see the emails he exchanged with me when I told him I was wholly unimpressed. Once he got his money, he forgot I was a customer. My favorite line at the end of 2 DAYS WITH NOTHING was "Sometimes the fish win" but actually, what he was saying was "Sometimes the fish and Chuck win but the customer loses." It's a good think he is in a vacation spot -- he couldn't make it with repeat business.

Visited May 2013
cptwilson, Owner at FIRE HATT Sportfishing Private Charters, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
First and foremost, I thank everyone for their reviews and please know that when you book with FIRE HATT, we always try to provide you with a great adventure and we want you to enjoy the best Charter fishing trip possible.

If the fish you desire to catch are here, we will do our best to hook you up. You will note this review is a personal attack and came after the person demanded a refund or he would damage our business since he did not catch a fish. Honestly, we love to catch fish also and will never get tired of the screaming reels of a hook up. There is no way to guarantee a Marlin catch on every trip, and if anyone gets that figured out, the best Charter Captain job anywhere in the world is his for the asking.

We respect the folks that come out with us and talk to them about where we will be fishing, what we are trying to do, what lures we will pull, even let you pick one if you have a hunch, and specifics such as finding a “Floater” be it trash as we find here in Hawaii. Be it a rope, net, balloon or anything little fish can hide under, this attracts bigger fish to eat them and soon the food chain is built. This guest thought we were wrong to think that way as we did not get bit when we went by a few small floaters. We in fact caught a 978 pound Blue Marlin under a small balloon that had been in the water only a day or so in 2010. Checking out Floaters is a standard fishing practice in the World.

During this particular trip we had three bites. One with a Blue Marlin estimated at 400 pounds that quickly threw the hook, a second “Mystery” bite and later a Spearfish bite. Remember fishing Kona Hawaii in the middle of the Pacific, is considered one of the best fishing destinations in the world and there is simply no way anyone can “Guarantee” you will always catch a fish, but no question having the opportunity while out on a fishing trip gives you a better shot than staying on land. Over and over we heard how this man and his buddies fished lakes while they were in low water stages and we tried to let him know that that is not how the Pacific Ocean works. In Kona, we are after pelagic Ocean roaming fish and finding them on the calm beautiful waters of Kona is certainly part of the fun.

When you book with us, let's always discuss what is typically biting during the dates of your visit and see if we can fit the adventure to your expectations. Fishing is our passion also and we look forward to every Charter with anticipation and enjoyment.