Private Lanai only 30' from the Oceans Edge & more

Large Private Lanai on the Oceans Edge
Kona Bali Kai Complex is OCEANFRONT!
Living room with ocean view
Tropical decor makes a comfortable and relaxing stay!
Sunset taken from the lanai - you won't want to miss a sunset ever!
Kailua-Kona
Condo/Apartment –
1 Bedroom, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 4

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Susan F
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Perfect Stay and a Wonderful Host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

From the time we made arrangements to stay, Liane was very helpful sending us information on the best places to go, how to get around the island, and what to do if we needed assistance while there. We spent a lot of time at the condo, because we were there on a "workation", and we enjoyed every moment. The kitchen is well equipped, and we cooked most of our meals there, saving a lot of money. While working on the lanai we were enthralled by the gorgeous views of the ocean, and watching the surfers catch waves was a lot of fun, too. The pictures don't lie. The condo really does look right out over the ocean.

The wifi in the condo is very good, as well. We never had any issues connecting our equipment, and it was a strong signal.

The condo feels well cared for, and it felt like home almost immediately. There were plenty of extra pillows and lots of towels. A washer and dryer in the condo allows you to pack less for the trip, leaving extra space in your suitcase for souvenirs.

The pool and hot tub are also well cared for by the facility, and we spent time there almost every day.

During our stay, I needed to contact Liane via email regarding a minor issue, and she was very responsive, getting back to me within a very short time. But the true test came when we arrived at the airport at the end of our stay. As we were going through security, my husband realized he had left his MacBook at the condo. There wasn't enough time to go back and get it before our flight, and changing flights would mean not getting home before Christmas. So although it was after 11pm Pacific Time, I had to call Liane. When I explained the situation, she completely understood and said she would arrange to have it Fedexed to us the following day.

There are a number of condos in the Kailua Kona area for rent, but after my experience as a guest here, this condo will always be my first choice.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The location.
Liked least: Leaving.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Andrew C
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Such a Comfy condo it started to feel like Home!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

Our vacation in Kona was incredible! We fell in love with the location of this condo on the first day. The rhythmic sound of the ocean just outside your bedroom is simply amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever slept better in my life. When we were in the condo, the giant sliding glass doors were literally never closed! We spent most mornings lounging on the Lanai, drinking 100% Kona coffee and eating fresh papayas that we picked up at the Kona farmers market in town just a minute away! I swear I could’ve died happy out on that lanai. As an added bonus, the waves in front of the condo are a favorite for most locals and it is fun to watch surfers, paddle boarders, and boogie boarders of all ages doing all kinds of tricks out there. It’s like a free show every morning and evening! The condo building is centrally located to lots of attractions. It is only a few minutes from the heart of Kona where you’ll find all sorts of fun shops and restaurants but far enough away that you don’t get any of the annoying ‘touristy’ traffic. There are lots of little beaches to the south (again only a couple minutes away), some better for sunning and some for snorkeling: we had fun at all of them. Bottom line is: from the morning surfers to the gorgeous sunset each evening, this condo’s location is perfect!

It also isn’t lacking in amenities! The kitchen in the condo was fully stocked and had everything we needed. We loved the layout of the condo, it has a very open feel to it but each bedroom has its own private bath which is a nice bonus for families or couples sharing the condo. Also, because we stayed almost two weeks, it was very nice to have a clothes washer and dryer in the unit! Also the free Wi-Fi was priceless for researching fun activities or cool restaurants to try. We also used it to stream some Netflix movies on the laptop! There is a covered and secure parking area so whenever you leave from or return to the condo, you feel safe. All in all this condo fit our needs perfectly and it exceeded all of my expectations.

Now that we are back to our daily lives in bustling Seattle, we both constantly think about returning. What we thought was a one-time trip is now a quiet obsession! There are times when I find myself stressed out or dragged down by the weight of life and all I have to do is remember the dozen or so evenings in May that we relaxed out on the Lanai, listening to the waves crash against the shore below and watching as the sun, retreating behind bowing palms, spreads its spectrum of oranges and reds across the clear blue horizon. I will say that leaving that place was bittersweet; it really did start to feel like home. And when we decide to return to Hawaii (and we will), this place will be the first that we consider. It’s our home away from home!

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The Lanai, the open feel, the surfers, and the sunsets!
Liked least: Nothing.
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
A FlipKey verified reviewer
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010 for a stay in June 2010
4 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$160
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Liane C
12067996105
Speaks English
Listed since : Mar 2010
Response Rate: 90 %
Calendar Updated: 7 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing