“Night Dive with the Mantas” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014, Kona Diving Company offers SCUBA diving adventures off of their custom dive boat on the Kona coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Contact us for certification of all levels, introductory dives & night dives/manta ray dives. Multi-day dive packages available. A wonderful shop and friendly staff will welcome you!
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Night Dive with the Mantas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The best time we ever had as a family! The staff were all so fun and helpful. We recommend this company above all others that we have tried. This was our 4th time doing the night dive or snorkel with the Manta Rays.

Granite Bay, CA
3 attraction reviews
“Best Diving Operator I've Ever Experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've been diving all over the world, from Thailand to the Bahamas, and KDC is simply the best diving operation I've ever used. Their staff is absolutely wonderful, from the shop people to the divemasters. They really take care of you when diving, handling your gear, keeping track of where you've gone so you don't repeat places, and working to find underwater life you'd never see on your own. I did 5 days of diving and one night dive and all were wonderful. For experienced divers, they aren't into rigid dive time cutoffs and many of my dives were 75 - 90 minutes! I will return to Kona next year and dive with them again, they are that good.

Norco, California
4 attraction reviews
“Absolutely the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

As usual we did our homework on TripAdvisor. There were several good choices but KDC seemed the best. Well, that proved true in the extreme. We have used many dive operators in our travels but no one has ever provided the level of service and diving fun as KDC. Want to dive your tank instead of having to end the dive when someone else runs out of air? You got it! How about dive-masters and instructors that have detailed knowledge of the dive sites and will make sure you get to see as much as possible? Or a boat captain that spots a massive pod of dolphins on the way to and from the dive sites, slows the boat, navigates gently into the pod, and provides an hour of close-up interaction with three species. A truly fun loving and professional operation. We can't wait to go back and dive with our new very-good friends at KDC. Mahalo everyone!

Visited October 2013
10 attraction reviews
“Excellent set up and fun diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

It's always hard choosing diving companies over the internet, so we used TripAdvisor to help us choose - and the previous reviews were absolutely correct. I've done a fair bit of diving in all kinds of climates and with many companies around the world, so I'm quite picky. We were not disappointed. KDC is a well run, professional and fun company, with instructors who are genuinely passionate about their sport. The hire kit is fantastic and comfortable, and the boat was never too busy - always loads of room to kit up and dekit. They are also sensible about dive times after your shakedown dive - once you are at around 6-700 psi you are sent up for your safety stop (usually finish the dives in visual range of the boat so no nav required!) whilst others can continue their dives - there's no "one up, all up". We also liked the dive site briefing with ID books and pictures of fish we might see before going down so we could look out for them. The instructors were excellent - special thanks to Billy for taking my partner through his AOW. Billy was a great teacher, fun and safe, and made his dives really enjoyable. Thanks to go to Geoffrey - great skipper! All in all, a great company with some great people who made our diving fun. Thank you!

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best Dive Crew in the World!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We've been diving all over the world, and KDC has the best operation we've ever seen! All of the crew members are very friendly and helpful. Once you check in with them, all your work is done - they take care of EVERYTHING after that! We brought all of our own equipment, and they hauled, cleaned, maintained, and prepared our gear for us. The auto-inflater on my BCD broke between dives on the boat one day, and they had the equipment and expertise on the boat to fix my BCD and have me back in the water for the 2nd dive. All of their gear is new, high-quality, and well-maintained. Although I love diving with my own equipment, I think I might just use theirs next time, because it's in such good condition. The manta dive with them was superb! Kona is a great diving spot, and KDC is the way to go when diving in this area.

Visited September 2013