“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 203 Activities in Kailua-Kona
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014, Kona Diving Company offers SCUBA diving adventures off of their custom dive boat on the Kona coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Contact us for certification of all levels, introductory dives & night dives/manta ray dives. Multi-day dive packages available. A wonderful shop and friendly staff will welcome you!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Conroe, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Can't add much more to all the positive reviews, but we had a really great experience diving with Kona Diving Company. Everyone we encountered was friendly, helpful and professional. Billy and Luke were our dive masters and they were outstanding, we never felt rushed and they were great at pointing out interesting things to see during the dive. We thoroughly enjoyed our Manta night dive and had a show of 5 mantas all to ourselves after all the other dive ops were gone. Amazing! Lots of snacks, drinks, hot water for cocoa and soup mix when you come up. Not to mention the best brownies ever! There is a hot water shower and they even have hair conditioner for the ladies. They have thought of everything to ensure you have a great time. Boat is very comfortable and is a nice ride. Boat captains were great and went nice and slow when there were waves to make a comfortable ride. I am looking forward to diving with them again in the future.

Fairfield, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Best On The Big Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hardest working and most knowledgeable crew I have ever dove with on the Big Island. The hot shower and brownies were worth the price of admission. No decision to make on who I will dive with on my next trip to Kona.

Washington, Virginia
“Our best diving experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I have traveled many places and dived with different companies, this is the best we've had from the day we booked before arriving to Kona all the way to the last day, their staff always helpful and with a lot of information prior to the dive, we had about eight dives with them and we were so happy and pleased that we plan to go next year to dive with this company again. Just to mentioned a few things that impressed us the most. First, the captain and its crew made the diving a pleasant experience, not only making you feel like family, but not rushing you to get into the water; in fact, they told you to take your time. The boat was spacious and never crowded as other boat that I’ve been in the past. The dive masters were knowledgeable about the sites and gave the divers a good understanding of sea life you could encounter. But I cannot lie, that I was shocked, when my gear was installed before and after each dive, to include bring it in to the boat each day and removing it for cleaning…..finally the last day I received all my gear clean and ready to pack. Never, I have had such an experience…(GREAT JOB KDC!!! See you all next YEAR! Hope to see another Hammerhead Shark).

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
“Fantastic experience, wonderful enthusiastic crew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We spent four days diving with Kona Diving Company. Every member of that organization is extremely friendly, patient, kind, and knowledgeable. They take close care of their guests, and their enthusiasm for what they do is exhilarating. I wish I could give them a six! I urge anyone considering diving in Kona/Kailua to go with Kona Diving Company, you will not get a better experience. A great big thank you to all of the Kona Diving Company Team! We will be back!

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Love Love Love Kona Diving Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Even though I love diving, I occasionally suffer from anxiety in the water and always hire a private guide to take care of me and my husband to ensure we always feel safe. David was our private guide and was amazing. He was attentive to our individual needs and made sure we were fully briefed before each dive so that we'd know what we'd be seeing at each specific location. More than anything - his enthusiasm was incredible, and put me at ease, resulting in 9 amazing dives, across 4 separate trips.

The entire crew - including the owner Kerry - was equally incredible, and we can't recommend them highly enough. They were funny, polite, positive and enthusiastic about making sure everyone had a great time. I also loved that they were a slightly smaller operation than the other companies we saw out on the water - I feel this definitely made them more attentive to everyone's individual needs.

If you haven't done the manta ray night dive - I highly recommend it. I had never even considered a night dive before, but this one is super easy - you go no deeper than 35-40 ft, sitting on the bottom of the ocean with 50 other divers from all the other dive companies, watching the most amazing creatures gracefully swim around you. It is truly incredible.