This spot is tucked away in a residential area high up on the hill overlooking Kona. Walking down to the cottage, equivalent to about 2 stories, brings you to a charming little abode. Once inside, the place is immaculate, beautifully furnished and comfortable as can be. Large kitchen area fully equipped except for a stove and oven (required, I'm sure) but many ways to prepare food available. Bed is super comfortable, towels labeled as to his and hers, refrig stocked with condiments for cooking, and every detail attended to. The lanai has many seating options, with a partially obscured view of the ocean, but quite thrilling. Nice place to read and relax. Large open area to the side which allows for bird watching, not to mention the occasional pig or cat. It was very quiet and peaceful---the best night's sleep on the island.
When we arrived, we were escorted to our accommodations by Dolores, the owner. She explained we needed to remove our shoes before entering, and she gave us a 15 minute tour, telling us which switches went to which light, etc. Again, many details were given as she sat on the sofa asking if we had questions. This cottage was recently refurbished and excellently executed.
Breakfast was on the lanai, 2 stories up. Lovely location. Dolores takes pride in providing a lovingly prepared meal. And she sat with us while we ate, telling awesome tales. Later, as we prepared for the beach, she offered everything we needed to make the day excellent. Dolores, 85, enjoys her guests and gives them every comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dolores, your hostess of this first class Bed and Breakfast® is located on the slopes of Kailua-Kona Hawaii overlooking the Kailua-Kona coastline and Kailua-Kona Bay. Located 11 miles from Kailua- Kona's airport, 4 miles from the town of Kailua-Kona Hawaii and 2 miles from the best snorkeling beaches in all the Islands of Hawaii. Dolores, a Kailua-Kona resident for 32 years and a B&B hostess for 22 years is delighted to guide and direct her guests during their visit to the Big Island of Hawaii. In addition nearby: Fine Ambiance Dining to Local Ethnic Food, Shopping, Beaches-Beach Activities, SCUBA, Snorkeling, and Sports Fishing World Famous Golf Courses This First Class Bed & Breakfast offers immaculate accommodations for special guests lodging in luxuary. Gourmet breakfasts served on an open lanai overlooking Kailua-Kona Bay.Your hostess also offers fresh bathing towels, trash pick-up & light house cleaning. Private Entrances Air-conditioning Wireless Internet Private Bath Custom Décor Kitchenette Cable Remote Color TV/CD Tape Stereo Beach Towels, Mats, Chairs, Umbrellas, Coolers and Boogie Boards Beautiful Views & More Full Gourmet Breakfast served each morning Light Housekeeping is Offered as a Courtesy Plus Other Little Amenities to Make Your Stay Special & Wonderful Experience. Cottage and Studio are smoke free. 3 night minimum stay - for stays of 2 nights add $10/nightCheck-in: 4pm to 5pm; Check-out: 11amCheck in times are stated above unless otherwise agreed to. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- 1st Class Bed And Breakfast Kona Hawaii Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 1st Class b&b Kona Hawaii
- 1st Class Bed And Breakfast Kona Hawaii Kailua-Kona