“Wonderful experience! Will do it again.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 204 Activities in Kailua-Kona
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Get up close and personal with the Hawaiian coastline and marine life on our exciting boat tours, whale watching excursions and snorkeling adventure! Located in Kona in Hawaii's Big Island, Sea Hawaii Rafting offers an adventure of a lifetime. Our Zodiac adventures are state of the art and environmentally friendly. Our experienced captains and crew will lead you to discover the best Hawaii has to offer.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Wonderful experience! Will do it again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I went out with SHR for a manta ray and a day snorkeling trip. I loved every minute! I am not a strong swimmer and was nervous at times about being in the water, but the way Kris, the captain, explained everything and reassured me about my questions gave me confidence. The beauty of the water and knowing someone with tons of experience was watching out for me made me forget my fears very quickly!

I loved the fact that we were never rushed by SHR to be back in the boat by such and such time. We were told multiple times that this was our trip and they wanted the guests to feel comfortable and free to enjoy the beauty of what was around them. We were the last boat to leave the manta ray spot and I LOVED that we weren't hurried in the boat to be back to the marina by a certain time, just to make sure the workers clocked out on time. I truly felt that SHR understood that this was a once in a lifetime event for us and wanted me and the other guests to truly enjoy the experience. I am 110% satisfied because I truly embraced every minute, because I was allowed to embrace every minute. Bravo on putting the customer's experience at the top of your list!

I also appreciated the freshness that SHR has been able to maintain, when I know they are veterans at giving tours. I have been on many guided tours where the guides are pushed to stay on a strict schedule and their presentation becomes boring because they do it day after day and week after week. I loved that SHR was NOT like that at all. SHR's passion for life, beauty and people really showed in not only their personalities, but in keeping the tours fresh and exciting for their guests. It is very much appreciated!

I would highly recommend going on a tour with Sea Hawaii Rafting! You will be treated with kindness, you will have fun and you will know they are working hard to make your experience unforgettable!

Visited October 2013

“Feels like You're out with friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We've been out with a few different companies over the years and sea hawaii rafting is the best! They go above and beyond doing the little things like providing robes and hot chocolate after the manta snorkel, swimming next to someone who is new to snorkeling and always remembering your name. Not only is it an amazing experience, but they include a lot of interesting facts and history during the tour! A definite must do if vacationing in kona.

Visited September 2013
Danville, California
“Best way to Snorkel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was the 2nd year we went out with Kris - both times have been perfect. Kris is very fun, knowledgeable, and hospitable. It was a great day for everyone in our group from 10-60. I would highly recommend Kris and we look forward to seeing him on our next trip.

Visited November 2013
Auckland, NZ
17 attraction reviews
“Wonderful snorkelling experience as an unconfident swimmer and snorkeller”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I had a wonderful day out with Sea Hawaii Rafting snorkelling in two places off the coast of Kailua-Kona. I am not a confident swimmer or snorkeller, so before booking, I sought a lot of comfort that they could look after me. They absolutely did - Kris, the captain, was wonderful. He explained to me why noodles are better than a life-jacket and with one, and then two noodles, I set off. The first time I tried to snorkel away, I had to come back up for air quickly as had happened to me before. Kris was so nice, encouraging me that I was ok and to relax. I then tried again, and did relax and had a wonderful snorkelling experience. I give a lot of credit to people who show real concern for others and make them feel comfortable when they are scared, and Kris did exactly that. It was wonderful snorkelling in the bay where the Captain Cook memorial was, as Captain Cook is a very significant person in the history of my own country, New Zealand. I walked away from this experience so much more confident to try snorkelling again with noodles, and that is thanks to Kris. A really nice lunch was included in the trip. A couple of other things to note - 1) I booked this option instead of the option that my cruise ship (Pride of America) was promoting, and it was so nice to travel with a small group, rather than the rather cramped Captain Zodiac boats. 2) This company does not have an office at the Kailua-Kona wharf. You just have to wait until the Zodiac arrives, if coming off the cruise ship. WARNING THOUGH - I got really badly sunburned on my back from this trip - make sure you use plenty of sunscreen, and if you are travelling on your own, as I was, get someone else to apply sun cream to your back when you set out from the wharf, and again after the first snorkel.

Visited November 2013
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
“Sea Hawaii Rafting IS the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We have had the MOST incredible day with Kris & the crew. We booked our snorkeling & rafting through Roberts Hawaii who uses Kris from Sea Hawaii Rafting, thankfully. Our initial meet up was relaxed & friendly; they put our apprehensions to test very quickly. Our ride out in the zodiac was exhilarating with Kris taking it slow, which was rewarded with loads of dolphin activity-spinner dolphins & bottle nose dolphins in particular. There were around 50 dolphins! Kris was so well informed & gave an awesome narrative throughout the trip. The snorkeling was totally unbelievable! Loved it! Best thing we've done this holiday! A couple of us were so nervous, but we were well supported in the use of the gear, where to swim, where not to swim, and Kris even had fun floatation gear to help the nervous ones. Why were we nervous though? We didn't want it to end! We were last back to the boat where we were greeted with fresh & tasty wraps ( mahalo Sue!), a selection of cold drinks, fresh fruits, crisps, cookies! Unbelievable Kris! Our ride back was again brilliant; lava tubes, rock caves, blow holes, folk lore & cultural history AND another dip in the pristine waters. Kris spotted a large Manta Ray & slowed up so we could admire the beauty. I think Kris knows he lives in paradise & has the best job; he shares his love & respect for Kona, the sea & it's creatures & ensures his guests do so too. We loved our day and know choosing to use Sea Hawaii Rafting, and Kris, is the best choice you could make. Love your work Kris!