“The perfect hosts/trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloha Ocean Excursions

Aloha Ocean Excursions
74-380 Kealakehe Parkway, Honokohau Harbor, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740 (Formerly Sea Hawaii Rafting)
808-325-7444
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get up close and personal with the Hawaiian coastline and marine life on our exciting boat tours, whale watching excursions and snorkeling adventure! Located in Kona in Hawaii's Big Island, Sea Hawaii Rafting offers an adventure of a lifetime. Our Zodiac adventures are state of the art and environmentally friendly. Our experienced captains and crew will lead you to discover the best Hawaii has to offer.
Tauranga, New Zealand
“The perfect hosts/trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I talked a 'nervous of the sea' friend into taking the Manta Ray trip with my grandson (15) and I. (NB We were all a little apprehensive to start with) This was the perfect outfit to go with. Kris and Super Dave made us feel comfortable and welcome right from the start. They are casual and friendly yet also knowledgeable and professional, they really know their stuff and because they are not a big boat business we were made to feel as though this was a group of friends going out together. They supplied all the snorkelling gear we needed (incl wetsuits, needed as it's a night snorkel), good instructions and advice to get the best out of the trip, and robes and snacks when we got out of the water along with hot cocoa. We felt safe at all times and as though it was their personal goal to ensure we enjoyed our trip. Thanks guys!
I would recommend Kris & Dave to anyone going to Kona and we will definitely go out with them again when we return. Thumbs up guys, you are the type of operators that make for a perfect holiday!

Glen Burnie, Maryland
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I took my mom to Hawaii for her 50th and wanted to do something special. She loves to snorkle so I booked 3 different adventures with Sea Hawaii Rafting. We booked the day snorkel, the manta ray snorkel and the k-bay adventure. All three were amazing. The first snorkel, he took us to a few different sports that were filled with sealife. We also were fortunate enough to run into a pod of doplphin and were able to swim with them. He was very knowledgeable and told about all the different areas and typs of like we were seeing. later that night we did the Manta snorkel. you cannot forgo this tour. It was the highlight of our trip and we did quite a bit. Kris and Dave are very laid back and make you feel comfortable the minute you are on their boat. it may not be the biggest operation in Hawaii but definately the most enjoyable. We were treated to hot cocoa and robes to keep us warm on the way back to the harbour which was a great touch. Kris also helped us find amazing things to do and see. he even helped us book a ziplinging tour for my little sister (her dream). On our last tour with Kris we were able to visit all the different sea caves and snorkel at different locations. Again, he know the best places to be. he didnt necessarily take us to the loaction everyone else was but let us stay out a little further and work our way in. He said we would see more out her rather than where everyone else was. So we went where he told us and worked our way in and boy was her right. Once we went back to the boat he had a wonderful lunch spread waiting for us. Wraps, drinks, chips, and a bunch of fresh fruit.

It really was the best part of our trip. my mom enjoyed every second and has told everyone she has talked to since to book with SHR if they ever visit the big island of Hawaii. My sister even made him a braclet, which is very rare for her. She a a shy girl but really had fun with him.

Thank you Kris and Super Dave! You helped make my mom's birthday one she will never forget and a trip that we will always remember. Thanks for all your help.

Finchley, North London, England
7 attraction reviews
“Our best trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

By the time we got to Kona we were sick of tours on coaches so this one was a welcome change.
The two man crew of this rafting boat were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
We spied dolphins and stated a respectable distance away to watch them play before zooming along to the bay where Captain Cook met his demise to snorkel.
When some of us wanted floating jackets they provided them and were very good with some of the nervous and inexperienced snorkelers.
When we finished snorkelling there were wraps and snacks and fruit for us to eat and throughout the trip soft drinks.
On the way back we stopped to look at the fascinating coastline where again the crew were very knowledgeable.
They ended the trip by recommending where we could get the best Mai Tais.
It was the best trip we had done and I would recommend them highly!

Fife Lake, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
“Can't beat this outfit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went with Kris and Super Dave for a repeat snorkel excursion to swim with the Manta's...they are both totally professional and take great care to make everyone comfortable. The outfit is smaller, hence you avoid the crowds on the larger boats. Dave stayed in the water with us, making sure everyone was having a good time and keeping us over the "campfire". This experience is a must do...I am a non snorkler and not a very strong swimmer yet never felt afraid. The Mantas are friendly and the crew has names for all of them...you will never forget what you will see!!! So glad I had Kris's business card stuffed in my wallet from 2 years ago! Thanks Kris and Super Dave...speaking of Super Dave..this guy has to be the strongest swimmer on the planet!!!

Seattle, Washington
“Best Day Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had the most amazing time ever and Captain Kris was fantastic! The intention of our boat ride was to see and swim with dolphins. We were able to see and swim with 3 different kinds!! One area we went to we saw more than 100 and they were all around us. We also went to a different area to snorkel and saw Mantas, so many fish and coral. All in one day. Captain Kris was so attentive to me and my friends the whole time. I would certainly do this again the next time I am in Kona!

Visited October 2013