Unit #306. We and another couple were late evening arrivals, service did not have our booking because Front Desk hadn't notified them we would be arriving after 11:00 p.m. Manager (Stephen) was called out to confirm our booking and let us in - he was apologetic and friendly. Unit 306 was very disappointing as it was dirty, very dated, moldy shower curtain, moldy tile in bathrooms around toilets, musty smell in kitchen cabinets, old dishes and cutlery, bed in 2nd bedroom very old and stiff, dryer not functioning. Manager addressed what he could, but could not move us to a better unit as they were fully booked. Unit 306 needs a complete renovation, and staff need to do a better job of cleaning. We saw inside Unit 305, it was beautifully renovated. On the positive side, breathtaking views of ocean and sunsets. Overall a very disappointing introduction to the Big Island (our first time, usually go to Maui), and we won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Bali Kai is a condominium resort located on the ocean's edge, displaying an uninterrupted vista of magnificent Kona sunsets. Choose from studios, one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with full-kitchens, private lanai, and ocean or mountainside views. Amenities include a swimming pool, barbecue areas throughout the resort, and a laundry facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castle Kona Bali Kai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Bali Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Bali Kai Kailua
- Castle Kona Bali Kai Hotel
- Castle Kona Bali Kai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona