There were five of us (three adults, two kids ages 4 and 7). We could not have been more pleased with Aston Kona by the Sea. We had Unit 106 which was 2 bed and 2 bath. Advertised as an 'ocean front' unit, however it's really just a first floor unit (the lanai does not open on to the courtyard) There was a sofa bed also (a little sloped but livable). The unit was completely perfect for our needs. First, we had a fantastic view of the ocean from our lanai. There were sliding doors in the living room and master bedroom. This was great because you could go out on the lanai from the master and not disturb someone sleeping on the sofa bed. The kitchen was updated and equipped with almost everything you might want or need. Make no mistake, this is a condo and not a hotel. Maid service was very limited and there is no restaurant or bar or anything like that. This is just like borrowing your buddy's apartment for the week.
- Kids loved the pool. Hot tub was well located so you could see the ocean.
- Three gas grills available for guests to cook.
- Great spot to see the sunset at the saltwater pool (just don't swim in the saltwater pool - yuck)
- Kitchen was amazingly equipped with pots, pans, dishes, silverware, even a blender.
- Layout was great. One bedroom with two twin beds and a master bedroom with a king sized bed.
- Washer & dryer in unit so you can wash all that sea water out of your clothes.
- DVD rental in the lobby (we got a movie each night for the kids)
Nothing. A few little things that needed to be touched up and the washer was crazy loud. However, we did not feel the need to complain about anything.
- Elevator was so slow we just took the stairs everywhere.
- The sofa bed had an epic slope but we put my 4 year old son in it and he was just fine.
- There is no food or drink here. Plan appropriately.
- Bring laundry & dish "pods" to use in the washer & dishwasher. Much easier to pack than a box of dish soap or a jug of laundry soap.
- You can't swim on this 'beach'. We saw sea turtles and fantastic sunsets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. This condominium resort fronts a magnificent rocky shoreline with its own sandy lounging area, outdoor barbecue facilities and more. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Aston Kona by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sea
- Resortquest Kona Sea
- Kona By The Sea
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hawaii/Kailua-Kona