We spent 7 nights at Kona by the Sea in November 2012 and would for sure go back. Though some of the units may be a little outdated the location and facilities were perfect. We had two condos for 4 adults and had a great time. The staff was very acommodating and even allowed one of us to move to a different condo to have a better view from the balcony.
Very low key location; which was exactly what we were looking for. No crowds on the beach or at the pool. And the gas grills down by the beach were amazing. We had at least 4 of our meals on the beach after grilling.
Kona by the Sea was a perfect base camp. Kona itself was only several miles down the road. Kona is fun city with good food and shopping. We traveled almost every day to see the beautiful sights of the Big Island. This was our first time to the Big Island and it is now our favorite. Great hiking and some great beaches if you are willing to work to find them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. This condominium resort fronts a magnificent rocky shoreline with its own sandy lounging area, outdoor barbecue facilities and more. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Aston Kona by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sea
- Resortquest Kona Sea
- Kona By The Sea
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hawaii/Kailua-Kona