My wife and two children stayed at the Aston Kona by the Sea over New Year's 2012/2013 for 8 days.
We stayed in a two bedroom condo. All I can say is that I was 100% happy with the apartment.
We were in unit 220, which is a two bedroom unit. The master bedroom is off of the living room and has sliding doors that can be opened. It had its own bathroom The second bedroom had two single beds and its own bathroom. The bedrooms were quite large and had ample room to store clothes in both closets and dressers.
The unit must have been recently renovated, because it was spotless and extremely well appointed.
There is a full kitchen with all the amenities including microwave, full stove, full fridge and a dishwasher. In addition, all of the kitchen utensils you could ever want are there right down to a rice cooker.
It is an open concept apartment. There was a large dining room table with four chairs.
All of the furniture was very nice and clean. There was a large screen flat screen television in the living room and a smaller flat screen in the second bedroom.
On the front was a balcony that overlooked the pool and had a view of the ocean (not a direct view, but at about 45 degrees. You can easily see all of the pool and the pool area.
There are barbecues by the pool area as well.
The beach in front of the building is a rocky one, they therefore have an area with chairs in a sanded area in front of the pool.
I wouldn't say it is a great spot if you want to lay on a true beach. However, if you like a pool next to the ocean, this is it.
There is no restaurant in the complex and really nothing very close. It is about 2km to the nearest set of restaurants.
I would definitely rent a car, as it will be needed in order to go to the local beaches and to go to restaurants. There is some under the building parking available and also an outdoor parking lot with ample parking.
There was daily maid service to clean the apartment and to change out the towels.
Expedia has a concierge travel advisor on site. We used her to book two of our outings. She was very knowledgable and pleasent to deal with.
Overall, I was extremely pleased with and have not hesitation recommended this complex.
The only caveats being that it is not close to a true beach and not close to restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. This condominium resort fronts a magnificent rocky shoreline with its own sandy lounging area, outdoor barbecue facilities and more. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aston Kona by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sea
- Resortquest Kona Sea
- Kona By The Sea
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hawaii/Kailua-Kona