We spent 4 nights in suite 303 (1 bedroom). The location was great for us as we wanted to be outside of the heart of Kailua-Kona. The views from this oceanfront suite were amazing and the grounds are well maintained. It was peaceful and quiet.
The suite itself needs some work. The carpets are dirty and need replacing and there is a musty smell in the suite. As well, there are chunks of drywall missing at the bottom corner of walls.
In terms of cleanliness, there was shaving cream or toothpaste splatter on the medicine cabinet and there was rust in the bathrooms.
The showerheads were really low. We're only 5'5" and they were too low for us; a 6 ft person would have a really hard time with this. The water pressure was good though. There are two full bathrooms; only one hairdryer affixed to a wall.
The mattress quality was good.
The DVD borrowing service is a great feature; the TV was too small for the size of the living room.
Kitchen was well equipped; a nice addition would be a blender.
Laundry machine and dryer worked well; only one detergent was provided for the stay.
Overall this is a nice place that could easily be made fabulous with a little more TLC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. This condominium resort fronts a magnificent rocky shoreline with its own sandy lounging area, outdoor barbecue facilities and more. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aston Kona by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sea
- Resortquest Kona Sea
- Kona By The Sea
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hawaii/Kailua-Kona