What you see is what you get. The Aston Kona by the Sea is NOT the Fairmont, Hilton or Ritz. This is a average condominium complex, so don't expect it to be something it is not. Otherwise it is a great complex. Here's my two cents...
Staff - The entire staff at the KBTS was awesome. I have high standards for my customer service and the hotel staff as well as the Expedia Local Help desk did not disappoint! Make sure to take advantage of the Expedia desk, they did not let us down and took care of ALL our excursions as well as great meal recommendations.
Pool - Pool area was nice, it is showing its age a little but was clean. They started to redo the grill area with an awesome lava/granite counter top so it is nice to see them updating their facilities.
Sandy Beach area - was a great place to have a quick meal or just read a book.
Tide pool - Between the sea wall and the ocean are some great tide pools with fish, urchins, etc. bring water shoes as that area is VERY slippery.
Location - ON the water! Views from every room. Cant walk to Kona but it is only about 5 minutes to town which is very nice in my opinion.
Parking - plenty of spaces, no issues there.
$10/day amenity fee - I personally don't have a problem with this, it covers the safe, internet, DVD Now rentals, etc. The DVD NOW box is great, if you watch movies, we were there to explore and relax so we only rented one kids movie but it had a lot of new movies in the box and I think the $10/day fee was justified. The internet was Ethernet cable connected to start, but on 8/12 they upgraded to wifi... Thank GOD! ; ) Now I can work on the lanai.
Rooms - We stayed in room 106, great view and room features. The room was more then fine for my family of four plus my 76-year old mom. Kitchen was nicely furnished with everything we needed, towels were replaced each day, overall really good. Only negative comment would be about the beds and pillows. Pillows were horrible, bed was cheap. If I could have them update one thing it would be the beds. The pull out couch was a typical pull out couch and about as comfortable as you expect. That's it, very minor issue there.
Overall - Great condo, close to town, CLEAN. I would not hesitate to book another trip to Aston Kona by the Sea. Mahalo to Rosie, Sarah (front desk) and Megan, Amy & Laura (Expeida)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. This condominium resort fronts a magnificent rocky shoreline with its own sandy lounging area, outdoor barbecue facilities and more. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aston Kona by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sea
- Resortquest Kona Sea
- Kona By The Sea
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hawaii/Kailua-Kona