“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kona Seaside Hotel

You added Kona Seaside Hotel to your Saves list
Kona Seaside Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75-5646 Palani Road, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
10% OFF plus Room UPGRADE
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Kailua-Kona
Surprise, Arizona
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

wonderful staff and making you feel most welcome.rooms are nice and clean, conveniently located to most everything. would highly recommend and will stay there in the future as I have already stayed there a many a time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Best hotel value in Kona. The location is perfect and the rates are the lowest I found in the area. Clean rooms and friendly, helpful staff make this the best place to stay. We got a basic room with two comfy beds and a bathroom. Comes with a small fridge and a space to hang some clothes. If you want more be prepared to pay more elsewhere. But if this suits your needs this place can't be beat.

• Stayed May 2014
Waikoloa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My family stayed here while we waited for our condo to get ready for move in inspection in Waikoloa. We stayed here over a week and loved it because it was clean, great room service and the location to the beach and restaurants were amazing. Plus our room included free breakfast each morning looking over the ocean and we got to walk the beach everyday. How amazing is that!

Room Tip: This hotel is extremely quiet and pool closes early so even if your room is over the pool no worries...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

It is in a very congested area. Feels like a downtown kind with a few homeless people around. That is not any major setback though. People at front desk was courteous and helpful. Our room invited us with a green lizard. We got a new room immediately. No hassle in switching rooms. Bed was ok-ok, you can feel the springs.
Parking costs you 5$/day. During day it it convenient. But it is impossible to find a spot after sunset. Their additional parking lot is a joke. Try getting in and out, for fun. Most lots were already in occupied by their service vehicles, which pretty much occupies two spots. And some good drivers will take two for their parking skills. We mentioned about this to front desk, and they immediately removed the charge for us. That's good!

Overall, I would avoid this area as a whole next time. But I am not disappointed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Concord, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We needed to find a hotel for one night and selected the Kona Seaside Hotel - #1 the front desk people were exceptionally helpful, friendly and the place is clean - clean. Pool sparkles. This is within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. The room looks dated with a small window unit but is really kept clean clean. We heard some road noise until about 10PM - but the water view made up for that. If there was one thing that stands out it is the front desk welcome and cheerful help when we asked. Great location & great people - thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor - beautiful view . Room had a window unit air conditioner.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hartsville, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I wasn't impressed with this hotel. When comparing the prices of nearby hotels and rentals, this is definitely a good deal. I booked the room because we were only there one night. That being said, more than one night would have been disastrous.

The ground were beautiful, I must admit. The pool was clean also. The room felt like a motor lodge on Interstate 95 in South Carolina built in 1962, and rented by the hour. I felt a bit dirty when I was in the room. The doors were thin and cheap. The bed was quite uncomfortable. The room and linens were clean, but I could shake the dirty feeling.

People at the front desk were not very helpful either, and I was my normal joyful self. As an example: I asked if there was an ice maker. The person responded yes and just looked at me. Of course, I thought, "Okay, ask a question, get an answer." So I asked, "Can you tell me where it's at?" She replied, with a stone cold look, "Yes, I can." And then she stood there in silence. So I asked, "Will you tell me where it is now?" She said that she could tell me, but since there are three or four, I would need to tell her which would be most convenient for me based on my room location. At that point, I no longer cared about the ice and just went back to my room.

Altogether, I wish that I had stayed somewhere else.

I don't normally stay in luxury hotels, but between the personnel and the WAY-outdated room, this was just too much for me. My suggestion is to spend an little extra money and enjoy your room elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kihei
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have now stayed at all three Seaside Hotels: Hilo, Maui and now Kona. This location is just great. Walkable to shops, restaurants, historic places and the beach. The hotel is a bit dated, but immaculately kept. Parking is not free, as advertised, but free parking is available at an adjacent public lot. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and helpful. Our room overlooked the pool are and the street. It was a little noisy, but tolerable. We would stay there again as the room rates are reasonable and the location unbeatable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Kona Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!