Stayed here for one week late November 2012. This was our third stay at an Outrigger Condo Resort (previously stayed at Outrigger Napili Shores the week before as well as October 2011). Despite the fact Napili Shores and Kanoloa are both managed by Outrigger, they are managed differently. For example, Napili Shores guests receive housekeeping services every 3 days but Kanaloa housekeeping services are strictly on demand basis. If you want your sheets changed, you have to ask; if you want clean towels, you have to ask, etc.
• recently renovated spacious condo unit with new kitchen appliances was a steal at $115 per night.
• laundry appliances in the unit were a big plus.
• condo management was quick to respond to any issues we had although they never did repair a sticky shower faucet problem.
• good location, quick access to highways and close to Kona but away from madness of Alii Drive.
• great snorkelling in the bay at Pu’uhonua o Honaunau (30 min drive from condo).
• kitchenware items were generally cheap quality. Some were grungy and should have been replaced l-o-n-g ago.
• although the condo had the capacity to sleep four people (one bedroom and a living room hide-a-bed), the condo was furnished for only two people (tiny dining table only seated two people and there were only two high seat bar chairs). We registered as three adults and should have had a unit that was furnished for more than two.
• sleeping was frequently interrupted because of people allowing doors to the adjoining condo units and the gates to the nearby pool to slam shut. It seems this condo complex never heard of rubber/sponge button pads that stick on door stops to dampen the noise when doors are slammed.
• the condo didn't seem ready for us because the unit wasn't supplied with a dust pan or enough toilet paper, tissue and towels for a week's stay by three guests.
• shower faucets didn't work properly (washers/o-rings needed lubrication thus hard to turn) and water wasn't hot (just very warm).
• and, get this…upon checking out the front desk would NOT print our airline boarding passes! We've never had a hotel, condo, whatever, refuse to print boarding passes for exiting guests. The previous week, Napili Shores (also an Outrigger Resort) was more than happy to print our boarding passes when we checked out.
Because the unit was modern, very spacious, clean and had a great view we overlooked the several little annoyances that should have been addressed before we checked in. Unfortunately, the refusal to print our airline boarding passes left a bad impression with us.