Having done a great deal of traveling over the last 40 years,and living reasonably well in NYC, I am fairly discerning about hotels. I must say this place was simply fabulous.
The room we had was lovely, with a double sink, a jacuzzi and two showers, one of them outdoors ( kinda) and surrounded by orchids and lava walls. I am a major "shower buff", this one gets the biscuit . Ask for a room on the first floor, which have the outdoor showers.
The service was superb, attention to every detail in every way. To be fair , they are a little slow but.....we were not running anywhere, and the leisurely service was actually helpful in that it got us to relax even more. The staff was helpful and friendly and it all added up to a lovely and relaxed time.
The food was superb We caught the surf and turf buffet which, although a bit expensive, represented great service. The food was terrific, plentiful and very well prepared.
The grounds are wonderful, the beach is great to swim in, and to sit by. The hotel provides you with cold towels, water and an occasional fruit treat.
There was a pool stocked with many different fish, among them eagle rays and snappers.....it was just outside our door and that was a real treat!
I am someone who needs to go to the gym and I fight going, though the adult in me sees the need. What I need is a gym facility like Hualalai! it was perfect....the lap pool was hardly used and I swam to my heart's content, the gym equipment was great and they do have organized activities for adults ( spinning, walking, yoga etc.) but even without it , it was great. The best part is the reward at the end.....an outdoor jaccuzi, outdoor showers festooned with orchids, a steam and sauna, and all you need to come back to the room smelling like a rose( LOL).
The resort is abit expensive bu t I look forward to going back there.
If you can afford it .....enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the legendary Kona-Kohala Coast of Hawaii Island, Hualalai is a Hawaiian destination unlike any other. Blessed with 863 acres of lush oceanfront beauty, authentic Hawaiian artistry and the highly customized services of the award-winning Four Seasons, Hualalai is a holistic, sustainable and globally renowned community that continues to set the standard by which all other resorts are measured. Hualalai - The Place of `Uhane inspires and enriches every experience, forever transforming and connecting the lives of all who come here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka'Upulehu Hawaii/Kailua-Kona