“It is the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   72-100 Ka'upulehu Drive, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
USD 1000 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Kailua-Kona
GreenLeadersGold level
New Albany, Ohio, United States
“It is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

WE stayed July 8th and departed the 16th in room 1201 just outside of the sea shell pool area. This was our second trip and we decided to bring kids with us. We all had a blast. Service was over the top as usual. Hands down best resort we have been to and worth the price if you are lookin for a peaceful stay without crowds of people.

Dineed were all good with the exception of the night we are at ulu. I ordered Mongolian beef and sent it back ad it was cooked to a crisp. The second round was slightly better, but still crispy and dry. But I ate it as I needed something and the kids were over dinner. Still, I consider it a good place to eat. The waiter also took the meal off the bill as well, which I wasn't expecting.

We played golb and tennis a few days and even enrolled our 3 and 4 years Olds in one of the kids clashe's and they lover it.

We hope to be back again next year. Also thanks to the staff for mailing us back a few things we forgot in the room as well.

One mistake we made was hopping to another island and staying at a place where I thought the kids could really let loose. After staying here for a week, you will not be happy staying anywhere else.

Thanks again for another great stay!

• Stayed July 2014
Rheba C, Executive Office at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Aloha from Hualalai!

I am so happy to hear that we were able to spoil you and your family and that you will not be happy staying anywhere else! As you discovered, this resort caters to just about everyone, including couples traveling without children and families. With the widespread layout of Hualalai, even when we are at full capacity, our guests do not feel crowded.

We hope you will make Hualalai your vacation destination for many years to come. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

Executive Administrative Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Best Place to stay in the big island..staff extremely nice and the restaurants by the beach are great…food is amazing…they had live bands playing at night! I saw turtles and I saw a Megan Fox and other celebrities...

Room Tip: Pic a room w the view to the ocean
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

From the reception upon arrival to the moment we checked out, the staff of the Four Seasons Hualalai was exceptional. Our family of 14 quickly became known as "The Big O'hana" with the resort staff. We are accustomed to struggling with reservations because of the party size, even at 5 diamond resorts, but we did not encounter this at Hualalai. One must see the property to believe it. The whole of the resort is beautifully landscaped to complement the idyllic location. The rooms are nicely sized and comfortably appointed. As one would expect from Four Seasons, no detail is overlooked. I particularly liked the pools designated for families or for adults only, as that sour look one receives from the childless traveler when one's child splashes accidentally him while playing in the pool is a personal pet peeve. Our younger children were fascinated by King's Pond and the turtle resting area on the beach. The resort offers plenty of added activities for children, including a babysitting service if one is so inclined. The restaurants are quite good and the cuisine types varied. Wifi is free for up to two devices per room. Perhaps the single negative, if one can even call it negative, is properly pronouncing the name of the resort and the resort location. (For the record, they are pronounced who-wall-la-lie and ka-oo-poo-lay-who.)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rheba C, Executive Administrative Assistant at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Greeings from "who-wall-la-lie"!

My hat is off to you for getting the pronunciations right. It took me years to say Hualalai and Kaupulehu without getting my tongue tied!

You wrote such a lovely review of your "Big O'hana" family reunion at our resort and we are grateful to you for your kind comments. As you discovered, children are just as important to us as our adult guests and we are blessed to have so many pool areas to accommodate different ages and preferences.

We hope you will consider bringing the Big O'hana back to visit with us many times in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

East Granby, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Hands down one of the best resorts we have ever been to. The hotel, staff, and amenities are second to none. An absolutely amazing stay! The pools, beaches, and golf are all fantastic! For a relaxing and wonderful vacation you must stay here!

Room Tip: Choose a room with the outdoor shower! Nothing better!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I have traveled the world and have stayed in some amazing hotels and resorts. The Four Seasons Hualalai is in our top 5 and it is so wonderful to be able to just catch a short inter-island flight to the Big Island of Hawaii from Oahu. The Four Seasons staff is superbly trained and they are so friendly and accommodating. We love everything about the hotel. I loved the added star gazing and s'more nights. All three restaurants had outstanding food. The pools are wonderful and the fitness classes are fun and current. I would have to say our only negative comment about the hotel is having to pay $20 for each fitness class. Other than that we think the hotel is just about perfect and try to visit at least 3-4 times a year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the beach tree restaurant - it is really central there
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

With the pace of life lately, I neglected to make solid vacation plans for my wife and me. I decided to check into the Four Seasons and are we glad we did! Every part of our experience was wonderful. The reservation staff was very accommodating as we juggled potential arrival dates. The reception was wonderful and the property, well, you have to see it for yourself. It is breathtaking. Combine the location with the signature Four Seasons Service and you undoubtedly have a winning combination. There are a variety of pool settings for other families or adults. There are several dining options that are all world class and there is a signature Jack Nicklaus golf course that was easy to get onto and around. We have been to many Four Seasons properties around the world and this is surely in the top two. It is not inexpensive, but, then again, anything in the upper echelons of location, quality and service never is. This property has it all! We will definitely be back and so grateful we were able to squeeze a much needed vacation in this year. Thank God!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Hualalai!

We are so happy that your last-minute vacation plans brought you to our litle slice of paradise. I may be a bit biased, but I think the Big Island and Hualalai are ideal for people who need a break from "real life." Ours is a peaceful setting and it sounds like you will be visiting with us again and again to recharge your batteries!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was our third visit to the Four Seasons Hualalai. We have been fortunate to travel quite a bit. But out of all resorts or hotels this one is tops. It has never disappointed. Beautiful rooms well maintained. The aroma in the room is delightful. You feel like you're in the spa but you are actually just in your room. The service is impeccable. This staff exudes the aloha spirit. I love this place, why do I wait three years to go back?! I guess so many other places to visit and things to see. But truly there is not another property that matches up; sand, surf, service... you won't want to leave...

Stayed July 2014
Aloha!!

I think you just coined a new phrase to describe Hualalai ... "sand, surf, service." Maybe we should add "sweet smell" to describe the room aroma! I am so happy to hear that you have never been disappointed with any of your 3 visits. Hurry back!

Executive Administrative Assistant

Been to Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu? Share your experiences!