Well... Let's just say I have been a loyal patron of this property for over 15 years, even married here just 2 years ago, and love the property and it's beautiful grounds..... However the last 2 times I was here, both in September and November I have been shocked and disappointed in decisions the management made. In September we came to celebrate our second anniversary and at first all seemed to be in order... However during the stay and mind you, it's $780.00 per room per night for a starter room... We were confronted every day with the corporate function for In and Out Burger. I can imagine a lot of things and have many diverse groups of friends, but sitting in a 6 star resort with team leaders from In and Out was not exactly the demographic I expect at this level of resort. If they were just there, no problem, but they basically took over the place, the gardens with receptions and the entire pool area. They were very loud as they were in a group and I felt like a guest in a place that I actually paid for and got married at 2 years prior! I kind of chalked it up to bad luck and did not write anything, but tonight took the cake!! They were too full to take us because of another corporate event ( booked the entire resort) so we had to stay elsewhere, which I guess is my fault really... But, we went there for dinner to enjoy the newly renovated Ulu restaurant ( which is awesome) but.... While I dined and spent $520.00 for dinner for 4, I had to watch a couple, clearly tourists, line fish in protected waters right in front on the restaurant and hotel!! Now imagine, you spend a week in Hawaii, learn the culture ( which takes way more than a week to learn) do everything you can to respect that land, scuba dive and don't touch a single thing, take only photographs and leave only footprints... And then are expected to watch people that aren't even from the US killing tropical fish, without a permit, right next to a protected Green Turtle and the hotel does absolutely nothing about it????? These are protected waters, with protected habitat and endanger fish and animals and here come 2 dorky tourists with head lamps and spears and killing fish right out 10 feet from the main dining area of a 6 star resort! I think I can honestly say I was disgusted and sickened at the lack of concern, no security came, no one did anything!!! And when I threw a fit as a good citizen I was told that it was all fine! The reality is that the oceans all along the Hawaiian coast are considered Komehiana land and owned and protected by the Hawaiian people. I know this because I am honorary Komehiana myself! So therefore I was even more offended!!
Four Seasons, Wake up!!! This is not the experience I expect and your future guests expect!! We want to learn more about the wildlife and the culture in Hawaii and want to come enjoy and respect it! Not watch others destroying it!!! Get a life and a spine! Hire security and throw these people out! Get permission from the locals and throw them out! No one really needs to eat Tang fish and they are only killing them for sport as these people love to do! By the way the same mentality kill most of our whales too! Your company needs to stand for something or fall for everything and NOW is the time to stand! I will not come back there until you protect your reef and those perfect pools in front of your resort! It's all up to you!!
I will be watching!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the legendary Kona-Kohala Coast of Hawaii Island, Hualalai is a Hawaiian destination unlike any other. Blessed with 863 acres of lush oceanfront beauty, authentic Hawaiian artistry and the highly customized services of the award-winning Four Seasons, Hualalai is a holistic, sustainable and globally renowned community that continues to set the standard by which all other resorts are measured. Hualalai - The Place of `Uhane inspires and enriches every experience, forever transforming and connecting the lives of all who come here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka'Upulehu Hawaii/Kailua-Kona