“Great Service and Nice Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 241 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Great Service and Nice Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Good service and food but a little more time between servings would have been better. Jon provided great friendly service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Westerville
“Great big fresh portions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We came here wondering why this was such a high ranked restaurant on Trip Advisor and we can see why it is! Great warm staff to immediately greet you. Not a big menu but both my husband and I didn't have a problem picking something out. He picked the scallops with sweet mashed potatoes ( he said these were the best potatoes he has ever had!) I had the pasta florentine with 6 big grilled shrimp. The portion was so huge that I had the rest the following day!

Visited July 2014
central Illinois
“Wonderful Restaurant. Incredible service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Me and my family went here while on vacation recently. This restaurant was great! The food was excellent and it was presented like I would expect at a much "fancier" restaurant. The fish was incredible. But the thing that really stood out was the service. Every person we interacted with was amazingly helpful. One of the best restaurants experiences we've had. I normally don't write reviews for restaurants, but I feel this place truly earned it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southern California
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We didn't have a reservation on our first visit but the wait was okay as the bartender was both friendly and knowledgeable, even about wine offerings. And BTW, the wine list has some very nice selections. We both chose one of the fresh catches, mine being ahi and I believe she had ono. Don't let the fact I can't remember the exact dishes make you think I was not impressed - We share dinners and they were both incredible. Make sure you order the macadamia ahi tartare appetizer - simply wonderful. I'll post a picture of that. I think I have a pic of one of the fish entries as well.

We returned later in the week and she ordered one of the excellent fish dishes. Since we had been eating fish all week, I took the advice of a local and ordered the Rack of Lamb. Wow - they do a great job with that as well.

You can tell I like this place. I thanked the owner and told him he needs to keep his chef happy. He agreed and said he actually has two chefs. They are both top notch and have been there for about nine years. Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kona Hawaii
“Love the Fish Specials!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I am a regular at Jackie Rey's and have had most everything on the menu. I really LOVE the fish specials which are so creative and as delicious to eat as they are beautiful to look at. SO good. Thanks for such reasonable prices and excellent service. Always happy to get to Jackie Rey's!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere