“Best time ever....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lopud
London, United Kingdom
“Best time ever....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Beautiful beaches, perfect place for young family with kids... We staid in Lafodia Hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and checked us in straight away.From the room we were looking out to the sea and the village of lopud. We were right to the door for the pool and above the restaurant. Stuff in travel agency are very nice but we were amased with brown, thin young girl from the white house on the beach. She always had a smile on her face and was very helpful. Unfortunately we forgot her name. We would reccomend going here. We would return to this hotel as we had such a great time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at lafodia from 31st July to 10th August.
On arrival at Dubrovnik airport we got the shuttle bus to the port 35kuna each. And then the 1.30pm ferry to lopud. Ferry was 24 kuna each. Ferry took about 50 mins and once in lopud we had a 15 min walk along the front to lafodia. The reception staff were very friendly and checked us in straight away. Our room was 204 on the 2nd floor of the east tower. Looking out to the sea and the village of lopud. We we right night to the door for the pool and above the restaurant. So found that we were in a great location. The room is beautifully done, we a great bathroom. All very clean, in fact the whole hotel is to high standards and extremely clean. Huge bed which was very comfortable and great air conditioning. Mini bar is very expensive so we didn't drink out of it but used it to store our aftersun. Pool towels are provided and are in bathroom along with bath towels. There is a safe in the bedroom for you to put in your own security number.
The pool is small but it never got busy and we were there during high season. Always managed to get a sunbed. Even at 11am or 3pm. It's very quiet and relaxing around the pool and looking out to sea is just beautiful.
The restaurant food was ok. Breakfast was fab, there was meats, cheeses, cereal, crossaints, toast, yogurts, fruit, cooked breakfast, juices, tea, coffee and even sparkling wine. Evening meal was a choice of 4 starters and 4 mains. The starters are better then the mains and we couldn't fault these. Always piping hot and tasted great. The mains were not so impressive but were edible. I am a fussy eater and I always found something I liked. Once you had ordered your food you could go to the buffet and get canapés and salads to start and then when your main arrived you could get vegetables to go with it.
There was always bread available for you to cut too.
The pudding buffet was just too good to choose what to have. Lots of cakes and pastries along with fruit.
We found drinks quiet expensive so went into the village in the evening as it was a bit cheaper. Also wine in the restaurant is cheaper then the wine in the bar so we tried to drink more in the restaurant with our food.
We did eat out twice at Obala. Which is just a short walk away along the front and if you book at table for sunset it gives you great views. Here we had 2 courses and a bottle of prosecco for about £100 which was well worth it as thd food was beautiful. We had one of the risottos and steak and it was just beautiful. We would reccomend going here.
One trip that we booked with lafodia travel was the 3 island cruise on a Thursday and it was amazing and well worth the 330 kuna each. The staff on the boat were really friendly and we had a really enjoyable day, stopping in sipan for lunch and swimming in caves.
Another day trip we did was back in Dubrovnik visiting the city walls which are amazing and so beautiful. We got up early and got the 6.20 ferry to Dubrovnik to have breakfast and start the walls before it for too hot and busy. After the walls we got the cable car to the top of the cliff. The views were incredible.
We would return to this hotel as we had such a great time.

• Stayed August 2013
Loimaa, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I travelled to Kroatia and Lopud after a very difficult period in my life. I dreamed about my holiday for a long time and belived that my stay would be something special. I have a problem with the high places so I wrote to hotel two weeks in advance and told them about my tendency to feel dizzy in high places so I'd like to have a room in lower floor, however facing to sea wich I love or if it isn't possible, at least facing to pools.I had an answer that they would do everything to make me feel good. When I arrived to the hotel very late an arrogant receptionist gave me a room number 254. In the morning, the dissapointment was so great when I realised that ok, my room was in the second floor, but the view was something else I had hoped! Under my balcony there was a big drop to the area where people used to play ping pong or some evenings there was some music. The view was depressing. In the opposite there was a sandy hillside with a big conduit and the sea, I couldn't see more than something blue behind a tree. I could have seen more if I had dared to bend me over the balcony edge but that I wouldn't dare. I say my stay was poor because I had thought to drink coffee on the balcony watching a beautiful, relaxin view or make a reservation for the breakfast in order to enjoy it there. But that I couldn't do. Also, I'm quite aged and my room was far away for example from the restaurant.
The breakfast wasn't special and I have eated better diners elsewhere. Blacksuited man in the restaurant was pompous and kind of funny, too. It was clear that he estimated other clients higher than others. And he showed it! Perhaps they are trying to have something special but haven't managed it. Once the meat I ate was totally cold and the grilled shrimps were tough. However, the staff was nice excluding the first evening receptionist. The cleaners were nice and helpfull. Happily I found things to do around the hotel. Living home from the hotel was a depressing experience, too. Should leave to airport but there was no boat first. The woman working in the hotel's travel agency blamed my travel agency and finally I don't know whose fault the mess was. Finally, I got away from Lopud and Lafodia. Perhaps they don't want there elder women who are travelling alone. So the staff mostly was friendly and nice and my special thanks to Andrea who worked at the reception and the young man who came to help me with my suitcase. Anyway, my first and definetly last stay in Lafodia.

Room Tip: Well, I tried to have a good room but didn't have it. Perhaps those who don't feel dizzy in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

From arriving until we left we had an amazing stay. The check in was efficient, they had our room ready at 11am. Room was very modern, clean and comfy. The bed was very nice and the view great. Nice staff and perfect location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Torun, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Visited Lafodia in last week of July.

We were pleased with the service level, standard, cleaness, food and overall care to details. Hotel is definitelly more than 4 star holiday. Hotel seems to be big, but You do not feel the amount of quests at all. We recommend as a couple. Watersports available.

Lopud isa great island for a base to go few tomes during the week to Dubrovnik on a boat.

Rooms spacious, all with sea view are very clean, sheets changed every 2-3 days, towels new and good quality. Tea and coffe in the room, minibar well equipped and reasonable prices.

Restaurant and beach bar/grill very good food mostly italian style, lovely burgers and sea food. The hotel has a local backery, ice cream.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the upper floors. Do not count on shopping on the island.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We asked the hotel travel agency for a rental car in Dubrovnik to go to Medjugorje the next day and the two girls that work there told us that it was not possible. So we told them to keep looking and that if nothing was found, we wouldn't mind going two days later, but that they would please let us know the outcome to our room for our plans.

They never called us, so we ended up getting a rental car ourselves through the Internet FOR THE NEXT DAY!!!!! Something so difficult for them, we were able to solve in five minutes with an iPad.

Hotel is great on the outside, but inside services really suck.

Thanks for nothing Hotel Agency. Thanks for the help Steve Jobs! LOL

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Still here at Lafodia. Staying from 05/AUG to 12/AUG.
Everything was going fine until today when we rented a jet ski for 30" for 500 Kuna (68€).
Left at 14:07 and the young employees in charge of the rental business switched off the engine of the jet ski just 23" later and left us stranded in the middle of the sea with no way to turn the jet ski back on.
Then they came to get us saying that the time was over, so we headed back to the hotel where we showed them their error.
The young employees were uneducated and with bad manners. One even called me "BROTHER" until I stopped him, stating I was a customer and that he had no permission to call me BROTHER.
Finally we ended up paying 500 Kuna for a 30" jet ski ride and we got a 23" ride full of arguments that made our morning a sad experience.
MY ADVICE: The hotel is expensive but fine. But DO NOT EVER RENT a jet ski unless you want to be ripped off. They will do it right in front of your face and all you will get in return is an "I am sorry" from a clerk who really doesn't care what happened to you.
They take your money in advance and then they do whatever they want with the jetski's remote control, and stop it in the middle of the sea.
JETSKI'S RENTAL AT LAFODIA = RIPOFF (ROBBERY)

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lafodia Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!