“Good for families with children, less so for guests seeking to relax” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Garden Istra

You added Sol Garden Istra to your Saves list
Sol Garden Istra
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Katoro BB, Umag 52470 , Croatia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Umag
Rudolfstetten, Switzerland
“Good for families with children, less so for guests seeking to relax”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Myself, I would not give the hotel 4 stars, but rather only three. The room we had was spacious, clean, but a bit aged. The staff, especially at the reception was very friendly, nothing to criticize. Also the waiters have been friendly and helpful. However the dining room reminded me on a factory canteen, extremely big and yet still too many people, so that we had to queue in the evenings (and that out of season!). Not to mention that the dining room hall was very noisy with so many people. The food was presented in a good and widerrange variety ....that was perfect, although the quality was sometimes not 4-star-like. The bar in the reception hall was very much short staffed, so that you had to wait a long time to get your drinks .... and I mean almost half an hour!
The hotel was occupied mostly by young athletes, as was the case most of the time we learnt, regardless if in or out of season. We were unlucky, that a gang of those youngsters made it a sport to run after each other in the corridors of the hotel next to our and other guests' rooms and this happened not during the day, but late in the evenings, near to midnight. We told them to stop, but this did not help much. From the reception, nobody was following up our complaint.
All in all, the hotel was definitely, as mentioned before, not of 4-star-quality, but for families with small children, who like to run around in and outside the Hotel Sol Garden Istra, this hotel would certainly be pleasant. Less so, however, for couples who look for a quiet stay or in general elderly people. Would we come again? May be with our grandchildren, but not on our own!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Garden Istra, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Christian S,

We appreciate the time you have spent in writting an impression about our hotel and we are pleased that we have been this year's destination for your vacation.
Sol Garden Istra is a large hotel so it is necessary that the size of the restaurant is also in accordance with it. Because of the big number of guests, our restaurant is divided into several halls; Mediterranean and Banquet hall that are bigger and Istrian tavern, which is slightly smaller and has a more intimate atmosphere for guests that want privacy.
You've stayed at the hotel during the period of sports preparation in progress and that is why we hosted several sports groups.
I wish you had contacted me during your stay because I believe we could have easily solved your problem in coordination with other departments.
I hope you will visit us again, at least with your grandchildren.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hungarian first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Good hotel and very friendly staff. We have been several times and are always satisfied. Especially children uživaju swimming because the hotel has an indoor pool. Most prihajom for the winter holidays, and there is always something new. Even when the opportunity will come in the summer as they build slides. We were in March this year (2013) and were surprised because despite the winter vremnu built around the hotel. Food in the hotel is good and they also have a good lobby bar where you can at all times afford a drink and the dessert. They also have amusement machines on which the children enjoy. We shall certainly return.

Room Tip: To inform or in pairs or family. They have several types of rooms all depends on the payment option...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Garden Istra, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear MNBS,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you are our regular guest and that you always leave Sol Garden Istra satisfied.
As you noticed, we strive to give you a new experience every year. Last year it was a big aquapark area with kids and sport clubs and this year we are building a large sundeck for guests who prefer to enjoy the pool sunbathing.
Thank you for your compliments about the food, I will pass them to our Chef.

We hope to see you this year during the summer period.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel ant it's surroundings are offering a great spot for spending holidays, especially for young families. Great chances for long walks, fresh air and green areas are offering countless posibilities for outdoor activities. Hotel us clean and constructed in the way that offers plenty if activities even in rainy days (swimming , fitness...). Rooms bright and big enough. Food great and faculty very nice.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Tjas,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. We are glad to read that you were satisfied during your stay in our hotel. I will pass your compliments to the rest of the team.
We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again.

Crnomelj, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were in hotel in February. We were satisfied with room (it was clean and arranged), I just expected bathrobe and slippers in the room (because the last time they were there). The food was very good and the stuff were friendly and compliant. We choose this hotel because of evening entertainment (live music) and we were nicely surprised (excellent one man band). Excellent location for relaxation. Excellent location for all those who wants to go to moto meeting in May and want some extra luxury. Definitely we will come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Garden Istra, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Marija_Drago,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us.
We are extremely glad that the cleanliness, good food and friendly staff motivated you to visit us again.
Usually, we are providing bathrobes and slippers to all our guests. I regret you have not contacted me at the beginning of your stay because we could solve your problem immediately.
During the whole year we are trying to entertain our guests outperforming their expectations. Since you mentioned that you enjoy evening entertainment, we invite you to come in the summer period, when we can offer you a multitude of great music and dance shows.
Looking forward to your next visit!

Kind regards from Umag,

Komen, Slovenia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were in hotel several times, but this time we were very disappointed. A bathroom wasn't clean and a frame of the bathroom's door was broken. Food wasn't fresh and good quality as usual, juice taste was like a water. Hotel don't have free wifi in the lobby yet. I don't know if we return in this hotel - only we will receive any positive ratings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Leaaaaa,

I am glad to hear you are our regular guest and this was not your first time staying here. Precisely for that reason your opinion is particularly important.
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness and the quality of the food during your last visit. I assure you that I am going to pass your comments to the housekeeping and kitchen department in order to improve our services. As our regular guest, you are the best qualified to compare our improvement.
I hope you will give us a chance to show you our efforts and enhancements in all the aspects.
During your next visit, I will be at your disposal.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time.
We enjoyed our stay and this coszy and spacious room in Village resort very much. We loved the fact that it is situated very close to the Umag. We enjoyed in wellnes, pool and great food.
We will come back soon!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Lili711,

I am really glad to hear you had a good stay in our hotel. For us it is a great recognition because every year we are trying to exceed the expectations of our guests. Consequently, it is always a significant reward to receive compliments and positive feedbacks.
I hope to see You soon.

Kind regards from Umag,

Guest Expirience Manager
Ljubljana, Slovenia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was in this hotel severl times, but obviously it's crises also there. We went with family last wwek for 5 days. The room definitely wasn't check before. Some things were missing, some things weren't working (for example heating), the the hotel was only 10-15% full, but we got small, dark room, almost alone in floor. Under bed wasn't swept a long time. If you ask cleaners something, they were all the first day in a job (very interesting)....the chief cook was new one, because the food wasn't tasty any more...the salad wasn't fresh, ...so...disappointed...that I will really think if I will go there again ...because the price is every year higher, but the quality really went down..I think you do not deserve 4 stars any more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Garden Istra, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Gaby B009,

My name is Franka and I work as the Guest Experience manager in the hotel Sol Garden Istra. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us.
It is the highest recognition to read that you are our faithful guest and you visited us several times.
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your holidays the last time you visited us and I regret you didn't contact me during your stay because I would try to correct the deficiences and make your stay enjoyable. In cooperation with the reception we could have selected a more suitable room for you and meet your preferences regarding the food offer.
I will forward your feedback to the staff and to our General manager because the daily improvement is of great importance to us all.
Considering the location and the proximity of our hotel, I hope you will visit us again and when you do, feel free to contact me so I can welcome you personally and be at your disposal during your stay.

Kind regards,

Guest Experience manager

Been to Sol Garden Istra? Share your experiences!