“Nothing to add..” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Umag
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Nothing to add..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This summer I was in Stella Maris for the 7th time and I am sure that next year Ill be there too.. The apartments are nice and clean.. There is no way to be bored because its too much activities for that. Difirent sport activities are taking place through the whole day and animators make them even funnier.. Animator Mijo always made me laugh he is a legend!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Stella Apartments, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Zlovenac,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this beautiful review. I am really happy to know that you keep coming back every year, because it means we are doing a good job.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again next year.

Until then I send you my kindest regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I'm very pleased that I had the chance to visit such a nice place. Everything was super from the facilities of stella maris to the rich offers in the city. But if I could choice the most attractive thing for me it would be the football court. It was very well organised by the staff especially Mijo. To end this review I would recommend this place to everyone ;)

• Stayed August 2014
Dear djsgsjf,

Thank you very much for this comment.
I am glad to know you had a nice vacation, and I hope you will come back to enjoy another summer with us.

Greetings from Umag,

Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The Apartments were horrible. So cramped, not enough ventialation, or light. Bad layout. As soon as you enter the apartment you get hit by the kitchen units. No windows in the shower, the furnitures all cheap, so was the kitchen no exhaust in the kitchen 2 small hot plates cannot cook with 2 pots at the same time. Not enough windows, needed to switch on the light also during the day. The Bedsofa in the living room was moving on the wheels when you sat on it, and practically no dining space in the balcony or in the dining area. Worst no freezer in the refrigerator. When asked to freeze my freezing element for the cool box, they refused to do it. Breakfast was appalling for a vegetarian. No cleaning was done at all during our stay but the day we checked out they knocked as early as 8 am. Had to ask for Bathrugs on a daily basis as they were so thin that they got saoked after 1 person showered. We were a couple with just one 5 year old and it was way too small even for us. Ugly buildings wanted to get away as soon as we reached, but were stuck as we had already paid. Found it too expensive, not enough value for your money and it doesn't deserve the 3 stars given. Although they had shelves we had no place to keep our empty suitcases. Worst was they had loud music till 5 am in the morning.We had to shut the windows and switch on the air conditioning. Although we paid 200 Swiss Franks per night it was not worth it, you can get much better ones for that price. You can a great room at Sheraton in Ljubljana with great service for just 110 Euros which we did on our return trip. So felt at home that we kept extending our stay. All in all wouldn't recommend this Sol Stella Apartments at any rate. Lacks in Ambience, beach was stony and dirty, lacks in landscaping etc.etc.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Stella Apartments, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Chitra S,

I would like to start thanking you for this review as each and every comment from our guests is extremely important to us because it is a great tool for further improvement. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our offer during your stay in our Sol Stella Apartments in the Stella Maris Resort.
We have a Guest Experience department which is always available for guest's requests, so I am sorry you haven't contacted us during your stay, as we do not have any record of your complaint at the reception. I am sure we could have found a suitable solution for your accommodation since in the Resort, beside the three star apartments Sol Stella, we also have the four star apartments Sol Amfora and the beautiful four star Meliá Istrian Villas, both offering different and bigger accommodation units. Giving the size of the Resort, which is very big, there are different beaches, sandy, rocky and stony, so everyone can find a suitable place to enjoy the sea and the view. During your stay the ATP tennis tournament was taking place, which lasts for about a week, and during which besides the challenging tennis matches, there is also an accompanying party program with concerts, and gourmet events.
I wish you had contacted our Guest Experience department during your stay so we would surely solve any inconveniences.
Hoping you will visit us again so we can ensure you a beautiful and relaxing vacation I send you my kindest regards.

Aarhus, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Nice resort. Appartment was ok, sofabed old and uncomfortable though.

The pool area was nice, fun for the kids. Closed at 19, could be open longer. Nice beaches top, we liked the family beach and the side of the laguna with lader into a little desperat water (beware of sea urchins)

The clubs for kids were also fun. We used club4 and club8. The club4 was great for little kids, very sweet staff, nice toys. Club8 also had some fun activities for older kids.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Stella Apartments, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Lone L,

Thank you for choosing us for your vacation with your family and for taknig the time to share your experience with other travelers. I am glad your children visited our clubs and liked our activities. I hope you will be our guests again soon!

Kind regards from Umag,

Umag
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

very nice resort, great location and infrastructure, especially beaches and pools, nice surroundings (pine forest), enough parking space, good restaurants, also shops on site, main disadvantage - high prices

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Krzysztof G,

I would like to start thanking you for choosing our Sol Stella Apartments for your vacations, and the time you took to write this nice review.
I am happy to know you enjoyed all of the aspects of our Resort, which offers a wide variety of activities, pools, restaurants and other offers, and because of all the services we offer we think that the price is legitimate.
I hope you will visit us again and spend another nice vacation in our Sol Stella apartments in the Stella Maris Resort in Umag.

Best regards,

Kranjska Gora, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Apartments are very nice, club 17 was very cool, we had many activities and the best sports animator was Mijo. He is a king. I loved playing water polo and the prizes for winning were cool t- shirts. I am coming next year!!

Dear Denis N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this short but really nice comment about our Animation program and animators.
It is a pleasure knowing that we made your vacation memorable.

Hope to see you soon back in Umag!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Altought i come here every year these year was the best! I met a lot of new people speciali because of club17 where we were hanging out like half a day every day.We had a lot of fun because of the best animator Tomislav Sakič who was frendly,helped in any situation,listened to our sgestions!
Altought we were in club17 almost every day we have thrown a pool party which we have succesfuly made with Tomislav who organizide it throught our suggestions.I'm comming back next year for sure!

• Stayed July 2014
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Stella Apartments, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Uroš J,

Thank you very much for this nice comment.
We are all glad to hear you have been coming back to Stella Maris every year and that you enjoy spending time in our clubs. Our animators always do their best to entertain everyone in the clubs with different kind of games and activities, and it's nice to hear that with our help you managed to organize a party and make this a memorable vacation.
See you soon back in Umag.

Kind regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Sol Stella Apartments? Share your experiences!