“Short and sweet!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park

You added BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   71487 Twentynine Palms Highway, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Sierra Vista. Arizona. Usa
“Short and sweet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Outstanding right across the board! From the cleanliness of the bedrooms, the comfort of the beds , the quietness and breakfasts. Good and convenient parking and professional staff. All top notch and I will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I love this hotel-plain and simple. The price was great (only 78-and they gave me a free room upgrade because I'm a Best Western Rewards Member)! The hotel is close to Joshua Tree-especially the great 49 Palms trail. We were greeted at the front desk with cookies and bottled water. The receptionist also explained where the spa/pool and laundry were. Our room was nice with a flat panel tv, microwave, mini-fridge, couch and king size bed. We slept super comfy on the bed. The breakfast was one of the best I've had at a hotel-and definitely the best I've had at hotel in that price range. They vary the menu somewhat daily, but you can always get a made-to-order fruit smoothie (options like peach, mixed berry, and chocolate banana). There were also various fruit (including honey dew melon), scrambled eggs (the good kind), sausage, taquitos, omelets, waffles, cereal, bagels and more. Just exceptional.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

We had access to many nearby restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hotel newly remodeled, had nice TV, fridge, coffee maker, microwave, etc. in rooms. Beds comfy. Good sized rooms. Breakfast bar had staff making waffles, smoothies, in addition to scrambled eggs, bacon, etc in warming tray (microwaved food). Had juices, coffee, teas, yogurt, bagels, cereal, etc. Looked like a nice pool and jacuzzi (we were there in December so did not try). Very close to North entrance to Joshua Tree. Nice place to stay if visiting 29 Palms/Joshua Tree area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel needs to be remodeled asap. The room was not clean. The desk, dresser top, nightstands all had stains on them that were removed easily when I wiped with a wet towel, so who knows when they were cleaned last. The carpet was filthy and there was a smell. The breakfast was terrible. Brenda at the front desk needs a personality transplant. This is a motel which charge no more than $50 for their rooms (and, even that is overpaying).

Yuck.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel at all cost!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel offers almost everything we need- fridge, microwave, swimming pool, guest laundry and jacuzzi. The room we stayed was nice and clean although my friend thought the carpet had little weird smell which was not a big deal. The part I liked about this hotel the most was the complimentary breakfast. It is fully stocked and there is a lady who makes good waffles and pancakes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This stay was a great time for me and my family. The pool was always nice to jump in and cool off. I originally planned to stay at the holiday inn down the road, but they said i had a reservation for 3 rooms. I only asked for one. i stayed for the two nights i was supposed too. Then my family had such a good time hiking and wanted to do more so we decided to stay for two more days. Instead of the holiday inn we went to the best western. It had such a great swimming pool and extremely nice employees. The rooms were super clean. It felt like i was at home. I really enjoyed the clean remote they had because we all know the other ones are distgusting. Overall the Best Western blew away the holiday inn.

Room Tip: The suites next to the pool are very nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JimBowie29, Manager at BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
We are grateful that you would take time to share your opinion about your experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your trip to our area, and even choose to stay a few extra days. Many guests enjoy our sparkling outdoor pool, which is the perfect end to a day of hiking in Joshua Tree National Park.

Because of our dedication to clean rooms, Best Western requires all hotels to provide clean remotes. Thanks for noticing!

Thanks for choosing Best Western Gardens. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Jim Bowie
Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I made a reservation at this hotel but on arrival the receptionist told that there was no reservation on record. I then found a another hotel. Three days later I get a phone call saying that they are charging me for the room. I explained the situation and they promised the Manager would be in contact - never happened. I called again the following week and was promised the manager would call back - never happened. Called again and got through to the "Manager" (or the 2nd receptionist), who said this was the owners decision. I'm not sure what the point of the Manager is then. Anyway, I'm now awaiting the owner's call back. Not going to hold my breath....

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
JimBowie29, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
We regret any inconvenience that you experienced with our reservation and cancellation policies, and are truly sorry that you experienced stress during to your visit to Twentynine Palms. Whether your trip was for business or pleasure, I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in our area.

We pride ourselves on superb customer service, and attempt to create policies that are equitable for all guests. We will review our no-show policy to ensure that they are as fair as possible.

We hope that you decide to give us another try next time you visit Twentynine Palms, and let our staff provide an exceptional experience in our newly renovated guest rooms. Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion.

Jim Bowie

Been to BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park? Share your experiences!