“New hotel with faults” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Ukiah, California
“New hotel with faults”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We spent two nights in a room with a kitchenette, we didn't need it but that was the only room available downstairs. The room was clean. It had two double beds but the height of the beds were too high. I could only guess that they were at least 36" high. The bath tub was slippery; I was afraid to use it, so I just gave myself a sponge bath. The pulleys for the drapes are too short. Yeah, I'm short to begin with, only 5'3". My husband had to close the drapes for me. The room was nice and dark though. We stayed Friday and Sat. night. There were some noisey kids a few doors down from us.
Between one and four a.m. they were talking loud, banging on their door, mimicking the sound of a coyote. I was about to open our door to tell them to keep it quiet but my husband didn't allow me to.
The office was far away and I didn't know what their room number was, so I didn't complain.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Quincy, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I recently stayed at the country inn in twentynine palms during the bahti fest. With no reservation i was able to get a room with a good rate late on a sat. night. The front desk was very nice and accomodating. My room was plain but very clean, it was a surprise to find such a nice, safe, comfortable place to stay after a long day. They even served a breakfast in the morning which to my surprise was quite good. I would definetly recommend this hotel to others who want a clean, friendly,and resonably priced hotel.. Nice job!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed at the Country Inn 29 Palms as I was on business travel at the marine base.
I ended up at this hotel as all others were booked solid. While the front desk staff was accomodating the rooms were not the cleanest and the keys did not work daily.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stopped here on our way to Joshua Tree National Park.
Very nice, clean, fairly new. Good size room with microwave & refrig.
Decent continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

My girlfriend and I were on a four week trip through the US, and this was both the best and, oddly enough, also the cheapest motel we've stayed in. It's right next to the Joshua Tree NP, possibly the most interesting National Park we have seen, and we really wish we would have stayed longer. Our room was perfectly clean and surprisingly big, the motel itself felt very safe, comfortable and even had a decent pool. Also, the clerk could not have been nicer or more attractive. (Yes, it does make a difference whether you're welcomed by a grumpy guy in his pyjamas or by a beautiful young woman...) Overall, just perfect.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Guernsey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Great stay, good free wifi connections. Clean and smart rooms with friendly staff. Breakfast a bit basic but overall good value for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Longview, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I've been coming here once a month for the past 6 months. You're made to feel right at home & I look forward to my next trip down this way.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn 29 Palms? Share your experiences!