“It's ok, average, nothing to get excited about, run of the mill, I think you get the picture.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of El Rancho Dolores Motel

You added El Rancho Dolores Motel to your Saves list
El Rancho Dolores Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   73352 Twentynine Palms Hwy., Twentynine Palms, CA 92277   |
Special Offer
TRIPADVISOR SPECIAL!
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here whilst on a road trip. Checking in was quick, guy was friendly and advised on places to eat. Lawned area to front was neat, didn't notice the pool on arrival but looked clean in the morning.
Room was ok, ok size,ok decor, little jaded, cracked tiles in the shower area. Stain on carpet and burn mark on sheet, that said it did seem clean and smelt fresh. Usual three pillow affair, two for me and one for the wife this time - why is this so common on king sized beds, four or two large please!
Bottom line is it's an average motel at an average price, would probably try another in the area before coming back, that said, I wouldn't write this one off.

• Stayed September 2011
elrancho29palm, Webmaster at El Rancho Dolores Motel, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing El Rancho Dolores Motel for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the fellow who checked you in to be friendly and helpful. I would have expected nothing less from him, but it is always nice to hear.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken::

• The suggestion was made to management about the change in pillows.

• The fellow who checked you in was told of the nice comment you made concerning him and received our personal commendation concerning the courteous, helpful manner in which he treated you, our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at El Rancho Dolores Motel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stumbled across this motel the night before we wanted to visit Joshua Tree. The town itslef is not much to write home about but this motel provided us with a clean, comfortable room for the night and at only $55 I couldn't really complain. The swimming pool was an addded bonus after a long day driving through the desert. All in all for a quick stop over we couldn't have wanted more.

Room Tip: Get a room near the back away from the road
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Solothurn, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights in the Motel "El Rancho Dolores". The room we slept in was big enough to lay out our suitcases beside the bed.
The cleanliness of the room is acceptable.
If you have any questions, the employees at the reception help anythime.
The location of the Motel is near the North entrance of the Joshua Tree Nationalpark.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
elrancho29palm, Webmaster at El Rancho Dolores Motel, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received our commendation concerning the cleaning job they did.

• Reception staff received our commendation concerning the courteous, helpful manner in which they treated you, our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at El Rancho Dolores Motel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011 via mobile

I saw this hotel and thought I would give it a try since I was traveling by myself and more interested in Joshua Tree NP.

First room I got was horrible. There were "unclassified hairs" all over the sheets - stains on the sheets, and burn holes in the cover blanket. It was late so I just went to the front desk for new sheets which I was given - my next mistake was removing the mattress top cover to change the sheets. The mattress protector was full of stains and hairs - no way could I sleep here.

My next room given to me that night was only marginally better. It was a room close to the road, so outside noise was very high. The door dead bolt did not work and my shower nozzle also sparyed more water sideways then down onto you. There was also a strange 8" circular hole in the carpet with a matching loose piece of carpet covering. I can imagine this was a burn hole, but at least put some backing down and glue the piece down. Both my rooms were smoking even though I requested non - hotel could use the investment of some carpet freshener or a bottle of fabreeze.

All in all, not impressed for the 60 dollar a night charge. I get it, your right next to a National Park - please just don't rip us off because of this. Allot of international people come here to visit and leave with impressions - take some pride!

Would gladly pay the extra few dollars to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the shower and of the broken dead bolt on the door of the room assigned to you and instructed to repair them.

As you can see, your review was acted upon. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at El Rancho Dolores Motel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
29 Palms
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

I was very displeased and disgusted with the room that I was given. The room number is 124, and at three in the morning, my fiance and I got a rude awakening by rodents in the wall and in the closet. You could see where the rodents had knawed at the door and had made a hole in the wall. Since it was three in the morning, we didn't feel up to moving rooms. I brought it up to the manager's attention that there were rodents and pests in that particular room and something needed to be done about it. He asked me why didn't I call the front desk and request a different room. My reply was, who would want to move rooms at three in the morning? He did nothing to correct the situation. I will never stay at this motel ever again. Very poor management.

• Liked — Very Cool Rooms
  • Disliked — Very Poor Management and Cleanliness of Rooms
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
elrancho29palm, Webmaster at El Rancho Dolores Motel, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the El Rancho Dolores Motel for your recent visit to our area.

I am horrified to hear of your terrible experience during your stay. Immediate steps were taken to rectify the condition of this room upon receipt of your review.

Maintenance was notified and steps were taken to remove the rodents. Orders were given to check to see that this problem is not also in other rooms. This is not the kind of condition we want our valued guests to experience when they stay here.

Housekeeping staff was also notified and received additional training in what we expect from them in the way of proper cleanliness in the rooms and maintaining the standards which we have set.

We also spoke to the manager about what had happened and he received additional training in his responsibility in seeing to it that the rooms are maintained properly.

Again, I am very sorry that this happened to you. We do appreciate your taking the time to fill out a review and let us know about it. It is because of guests like you that we are able to maintain the standards which we have set for ourselves.

I hope that you will stay at the El Rancho Dolores Motel the next time you are in our area. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Riverside,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

The service at the front desk was very pleasant. The rooms are very clean and new renovations seemed to have been made to the furniture and bedding. Very cost efficient for a family with kids....there were many things to see and do in the area.

Stayed February 2008
group329
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

I come travel through 29 Palms about once a month and stay at various hotels. The El Rancho Dolores Motel is one of the best in the area. They have newly remodeled rooms and the staff is extremely friendly.

Stayed March 2008

Been to El Rancho Dolores Motel? Share your experiences!