“Probably the best Hotel in the Arlberg Area,” 5 of 5 stars

Zurserhof Hotel
No.75, Zurs 6763, Austria   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Zurs
vienna
“Probably the best Hotel in the Arlberg Area,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am coming to the Zürserhof for the Last 20 years for Easterholidays with Most of my Säugetiers and grandchildren ! the Skadarasy Family is Running the Place really excellent ! Personal Service at its best ! The cooking in the Hotel is Top class ! The Meal plan is Full Board ,and the Hotel is Directory located at the Runs,so you Easy can stop for your Lunch. At Dinner you are getting the best international Cheeses,mor than probably 100 different Cheeses from Austria,france,switzerland,italy,Germany etc.. Very Good is also the Service for the Children,there is a Full Time Nanny in an large area with a Lot of Games,and the Dinner for Kids is also served there,so that you can dine in Peace.it is Open until 2200.the SPA facilities are very Good Measured by the quality of Employees,the facilities are just Newly built,starting by the end of April.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was my first time to experience the alps and it was a surreal and fantastic experience.
I stayed at this hotel in relation to work. This hotel scores excellent for its top class service, the ski service/rental area is a truly 5 star facility and the location is breathtaking. The rooms are very spacious and it comes with a luxurious bathroom, a seating area and there is also a mini walk in closet. Breakfast is also very good. They have a huge selection of both gold and warm food.The only downside I feel is the interior design. It is very traditional and gives you an authentic feel of the culture, but for a 5 star hotel it felt a bit outdated. There is a spa facility in the hotel. The pool area seemed very inviting and relaxing , though I didn't get to take a swim. I opted to get a treatment at the spa. Here again I felt the spa facility wasn't a wow experience, but the treatment is great especially after all the skiing. The hotel is steps away from the ski slope. The majestic snow covered mountains make you feel like you are in the middle of no where, yet you have all the comforts available in the hotel securing a great get away holiday from the hustle and bustle of the city life.The view and the surroundings is what makes the experience truly amazing!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We just spent an unforgettable few days in the Zurserhof. It was a real 5 star experience:
- excellent and friendly service (a personal welcome from the owner, car is unpacked and put in underground garage, a room was available for us to refresh and change,...)
- very spacious and luxurious rooms
- a comfortable ski room
- a nice Spa area (a little small for the size of the hotel), which will be fully renovated in 2013.
- a beautiful bar with great piano music)
- last but not least truly amazing food, starting from a large breakfast buffet until diner followed by an amazing cheese buffet. Each dish was of exceptional quality, freshness and taste.

Obviously the price is also at 5 star level, but you feel the difference from the moment you arrive until you leave

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Weybridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've just returned from a long weekend with my husband at the zurserhof. The hotel has all the amenities that you would expect of a five star hotel. The members of staff were friendly, accommodating and very helpful at arranging ski guides / lift passes / airport transfers etc We were upgraded to a junior suite on arrival, which was lovely though we couldn't find any thermostat in the room so the first night was very uncomfortable. There was plenty of hot water for post ski baths and while the water pressure of the shower was great it was a safe cracking experience to ensure we didn't freeze/burn! The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job and both the rooms and the hotel overall were spotless.

The hotel restaurant really is its crowning glory. I am a notoriously fussy eater so while much of the food didn't appeal to me my husband reliably informs me that it was superb and I can testify that it certainly looked it. He claims the black tempura anchovy dish is the best fish dish he has ever eaten, and he eats a lot of fish! The desserts were an area I could get involved and they were amazing. I would quite happily have eaten four courses of the desserts! As it was I had spaghetti bolognaise three nights in a row followed by the wonderful dessert. I'm sure the hotel could have provided something different for me but to be honest the spag bol was so good I didnt want anything else! The staff and service in the restaurant was also amazing. On arrival at the hotel we were allocated a table to sit at for each meal and when we sat down on the second night I saw the service table behind us already had the same bottle of wine chilling that we had chosen the night before and the waiter remembered that I had still water while my husband had carbonated. Little touches that you expect from a five star place but where so often they fall down.

The spa facilities were very good as we're the treatments and they are about to get better. the Zurserhof spa is due a huge overall next year and the plans look amazing but it may be worth checking, before you book, when those works are likely to take place so that you are not disappointed.

I say the hotel is a little stiff and by this I mean a bit formal. I'm not sure if this is an Austrian thing (it was our first trip to Austria so we have little frame of reference) or unique to the hotel. There is an expectation that people dress for dinner which, on a quickie ski weekend, was a little unexpected and after we showed up for dinner after taking a walk one evening we were pounced upon by staff members eager to ensure our offending ski jackets were removed from the vicinity!

The ski boot room is very well set out however we were lead to believe the hotel was ski in - ski out. It is definitely ski in but you have to walk LEFT out of the ski from door, through the car park to get to the slope down to the ski lift. It's only about 100m but our last two hotels have been ski out from the door. The hotel could also communicate the direction of the lifts better, on our first day we didn't think going through the car park could be correct so we hiked to the lift we could see which definitely wasn't the closest. Also on the Saturday the Weiss Ring race was taking place and we had no idea. Thankfully that day we were using the hotel's ski guide Bernie so he knew to take us elsewhere but if we hadn't we would have been lost as many slopes/lifts were closed.

If a more formal hotel and haut cuisine is your thing then I doubt you'll beat the Zurserhof.

One thing for those who haven't been to Austria before to note is that there is no smoking ban and we noticed the smoke everywhere we went.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We (me and my wife) stayed in this great ski hotel more then 10 times over the last 5 years and we simply love it! Impeccable service high above Austrian standards (actually you feel in Zurs-Lech more like in Switzerland than in Austria...), excellent food (especially chees bar after dinner of Italian buffet are gorgeous), ski in-ski out location, perfect ski room and adjacent shop/service, very good spacious spa (although in this area the hotel can improve), nice and cosy rooms. Everything clicks together...

What we love the most are lunch buffet on the terrace when the weather permits (sunshine) - absolutely great! lots of seafood, local specialities and perfect location right on the slope. The second highlight are evenings in the bar with top of the class piano player Eddie...Its hard to find such an ambiance in ski hotel!

Room Tip: I would recommend to stay in the old wing which is closest to slopes. The best sleep quality.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Zurserhof Hotel was the next hotel I stayed at for my 2nd week in Zurs February 2012. Owned and managed by the Skardarasy family it is the largest hotel in Zurs and lives up to it five star reputation for service,accommodation and food.
Possibly the most formal of Zurs Hotels, gents are requested to wear a jacket to dinner but it is not stuffy. I was expecting to be a little intimidated on checking in, however I was immediately put at ease by the welcoming attitude of the family and staff who are accustomed to catering to royalty and european society.
As with The Lorunser Hotel full board was provided with inclusive 4 course lunch. Evening meal was a sumptuous affair with dining room staff very professional and friendly.
Main reason for not staying at The Zurserhof before was that it is about 1/2 kilometre from the centre of Zurs.However with my private guide coming to the hotel I could still ski in ski out.
The ski-room is very spacious with individual heated lockers for skis and boots.
Zurserhof is almost like a self contained resort with most essential services.

As with The Lorunser I am looking forward to returning again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north have a better view of Zurs Village.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Where to begin! We went to the Zurserhof in February for a week's ski vacation with our in laws and our 1 year old.

It is a beautiful hotel, quite old-worldy(!) but super super clean and with phenomenal service.

They have full amenities including an indoor heated pool and jacuzzi, spa, hairdressers, children's creche (but no toddlers allowed) a few other services - ski shop / service and most importantly ski in and ski out ...

Check in was incredibly quick and smooth and the cot was already laid out for us - we had interconnecting rooms with the grandparents which was pretty handy when mummy and daddy went for an evening drink!!

They accommodate all dietry requirements and the food is superb, and in the week that we stayed we didn't have anything twice. It was lovely to have a nightly cocktail in the lounge before dinner, and the entertainment by way of a singer/pianist was actually brilliant.

However, I did fall ill on this trip for a couple of days and I found the staff and service to be amazing - I was really well looked after.

Zurs is pretty much at the quieter end of Lech which is a great well known party village for hardcore skiers and snowboarders. It has many bars, restaurants and shops and it is easy to get to the other areas of Arlberg skiing via the available lifts. It's a great workout! And good for burning off the nightly 3-course meals.

There are a few little bistros and cafes in Zurs and it's worth taking a walk before dinner to explore and have a coffee or a drink outside of the hotel (we had full board).

The hotel itself has an army of faithful guests, many coming for over 20 years, and at times I found the atmosphere to be a bit stifling, with a much older clientele, but a handful of young families there made up for it!

All in all a superb hotel with superb facilities. Rooms are spacious as are the bathrooms, and they were sooo clean. Staff are genuinely friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Zurserhof Hotel? Share your experiences!