“Summer in the Alps” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Zurs
Toronto
“Summer in the Alps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This review is a bit tardy but I wanted to write it all the same.
I stayed here 2 years ago during the summer months. I have been travelling to Zurs almost every year for the past 20 years to ski and to now snowboard. I had always wanted to spend some time in the region during the summer so I packed my bags and spent 4 days in the Arlberg. The Gasthof am Post was closed for its recently unveiled expansion and refurb and my hotel The Zurserhof is not open in the summer months so while looking at the Zurs website I came upon Bentleys. I was familiar with the building as I had a tour the year it opened. The rate was amazing and it included full board so I booked myself in and was very happy I did so.
I asked them to indulge my request for Austrian cuisine and was not disappointed! Superb food in all respects. I seemed to be the only guest in the house and was spoiled. Zurs had a sureal feel to it in the summer as very few things are open. I spent my time mountain bike riding and hill walking over very familiar ground.The Postbus to Zurs and St Anton stops outside the door and is free with your Active Card. I dont believe they are open during the summer any longer but I can concur with the other reviews about the high level of the accomodation and service. If you can afford this than dont hesitate. Very private indeed.
I still have love of the Zurserhof down the road but Bentleys is definately up there with the best!

Room Tip: The road can be busy through Zurs so anything at the quieter side is a plus.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lagos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is by far one of the most beautiful and luxurious hotels I have frequented. The attention to detail is second to none, and from the time that I arrived at the airport, to the time I left, my every need had been catered for. It's a beautiful hotel with lavish furnishings, warm luxurious chalets, personal butlers, delicious food..... This hotel exceeds expectation!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

At my age, I thought I’d done and seen it all

I’ve visited many stunning parts of the world, and enjoyed many top hotels.

Well this week I found the ultimate luxury, hidden amongst the mountains of Austria
www.bentleyhouse.com Wow what a hotel, the service, the surroundings the cuisine
All exquisite. ‘Opulence’ as ‘Standard’ .. this is the hotel I’ve been looking for all my life, and eventually found it.

The experience starts when you arrive at Zurich Airport, you are met by finely groomed chauffeur, driving Bentley House’s own
New model Liveried BMW 7 or X5 , you are made to feel important, your every wish is catered for.

Upon arrival at Zurs in Austria I was blown away by the picture postcard views, truly amazing. Possibly the most picturesque mountain views anywhere.

The Hotel is FIVE star all the way, if I could rate it at SEVEN stars I would. You get your own personal butler, who caters for your personal needs, will discuss your
Itinerary, book tickets for Ski, Hire Equipment Day pass’s etc etc, He also takes care of your room, food requirements, and will advise on entertainment.
I’ve never had a butler before, I just wish I had the money to have one full time, It was a truly memorable experience.

The hotels décor was superb, this is the first time my wife fell in love with hotel furnishings. She wanted the bed, the dining room lampshade and one of the elegant settees .
Alas I had to let her down when I explained the shipping costs.

The hotel has a wonderful wine cellar, with some superb vintages, not being a wine connoisseur , the wonderful cellar’s contents was wasted on me,but rest assured they have an amazing collection.

Jaquzzi , Pool, Sauna are all here, and all top notch, the owners of Bentley house really have spent a small fortune. Nothing has been left to chance.
You can choose to be chauffeured daily, to your preferred destination, or spend a day being pampered

The rooms are beautiful, the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on, your own personal fire (in your bedroom) , sat nav, PS3, and a library of 160 DVD films to watch.
You also have your own personal dining room, complete with the Butler, TV, and balcony with views of the mountains, The Butler(Andreas or Edwin) will have breakfast ready, and they make sure your evening dinner requirements are timed to perfection.,

A couples paradise, I could have stayed in the hotel all week, and never ventured outside. I have been married 20 years, and this is the first time my wife was dizzy with excitement.
What a great place, a piece of paradise hidden away from British tourists, we never met ONE brit, all were Austrian, Dutch, Norwegian or German, was actually quite refreshing to be the outsiders, all the people we met were very hospitable, and genuinely seemed pleased to meet us, they were all keen to discuss ZUR or LECH (nearby). The cable car views took my breath away, I was stunned at the beauty of it all.

This Hotel caters for all , families, business, and couples. I loved it. I definitely want to go back, ‘opulence’ is ‘standard’ this is the ultimate holiday experience. I appreciate cost is always a factor, but what price can you put on the ultimate holiday.
My wife will be talking about this for years to come. That’s priceless to me.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, we stayed in Jazzi
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Located in the middle of Zurs. Totally private and all new private chalet furnished in traditional Austrian style with luxury finish and all modern cons.The gourmet cuisine was excellent served by a host of private butlers who provided exceptional service. The inclusive limo service took us everywhere on our request. Bentleys is certainly a unique place to stay and I would dearly love to return. To me Bentleys was the ultimate ski holiday indulgence.

Room Tip: Bentleys only has three Chalets.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Bentleys House? Share your experiences!