We (wife, me and girl-kid) went to RC Zürs for a sking holiday. We chose RC due to its "Club" type service and were quite happy to be there.
A very small place, but nice to walk, yet not much to do outside as this is a definite skiing area. everybody in Zürs (and in the wider area) lives from winter sports in general. but it is not very touristy ( in the sense that koh samui is more touristy in general than other places in thailand). you should visit Lech, the bus rides are free to closer areas. Lech is relatively larger and has more to offer but can be crowded.
Food: The food for a club was wonderful. the menu rich and fresh. not only local but also international cuisine could be found. the food was well-prepared (above resort standards) and even a good choice of fresh fruit. Also, afternoon (refreshments, of the good kind, sweet and salty no matter) and night snack options existed, which was great for me (as a non-skier)
Room: we stayed in a family room, very roomy and comfortable with a nice balcony. the rooms were well-heated and we hung around in light clothing while it was minus whatever outside. family rooms are good for families in that those who want to sleep or rest can take the other adjoining part of the room.
Kids: Well, with a good choice of food the kids seemed to be all happy. We sent ours to group skiing sessions and she came back very happy. the ski club is very well-organized and had an assortment of grades suitable to various skier experience (as was the case in the whole area).
Relaxing: the pool is small but clean and relaxing. the sauna area is immense and offers a number of relaxation areas (sauna, steambath, finnish bath etc.) and they were clean.
- I personally do not ski (cannot) was eager to learn it though. Yet, I decided not to when I saw that there exsited superb winter hiking routes in Lech (8-10 min. bus-ride to/from Zürs). So I ventured on to some and was very satisfied.
- you could hire sleds/toboggans for extra activity.
General stuff and suggestions:
- Skiing equipment was in good condition
-lectures can be expernsive, but for two the price suddenly drops and can be a good deal for two persons taking private lessons
- take the free bus to the surrounding
- Definitely go up to Rüfikopf. A wonderful lift ride up and down(for us non-skiers) in suitable weather there is an option to hike down.
-It gets cold but it does not hurt I guess due to low humidity.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Robinson Club Alpenrose Zuers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Robinson Club Alpenrose Zuers Hotel Zurs