“Great Place To Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Martinez

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Redding, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was here on business so the company paid for the stay. Going in you must realize that this hotel mainly caters to construction and railroad workers that are here for an extended stay.

The rooms have microwaves and refrigerators along with older television and free WiFi. The counter in the bathroom is very small with just enough room for a tube of toothpaste. The air conditioning is rather loud and doesn't really maintain temperature very well.

A hot Breakfast is available with typical hotel food including eggs, sausage, do-it-yourself waffles, etc. There is also a hosted manager's reception on week nights with free drinks and smacks.

I do not recommend this hotel for couples or families due to the lack of views, amenities and the clientele.

The hotel is across the street from a movie theater and strip mall with numerous restaurants and a supermarket.

Finally, if you do stay here, remember that most clients are up early and tromping down the hallways. There is also freeway noise.

• Stayed November 2012
Olympic National Park, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for about 8 weeks while I was in Martinez for work. It was certainly adequate for a long-term stay. I was put in a third floor room with a fridge and microwave, and this was quiet which was important because I was at times working night shifts and needing to sleep during the day. There are a lot of industrial construction workers staying at this hotel, and this population might make some people uneasy, but they are mostly just hard working guys who won't give you any problems, and I certainly didn't notice any rowdiness. I felt very safe as a single female often coming and going at odd times of the day and night.

The breakfast is wonderful with lots of options and is kept well stocked.

The housekeeping was terrible. I often did not get the basics replaced or replenished in my room. Sometimes I did not even get enough towels, and I ran out of toilet paper frequently. I wondered if they were punishing me for not leaving a weekly tip, but I felt a tip should be given for excellent service, not given in order to received standard service.

The front desk was wonderful and always very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel smelled like smoke. One of our rooms smelled like marijuana. The pool was freezing, the hot tub (only a luke-warm tub) was gross AND obviously had tons of chemicals. Parking was weird. The breakfast in the morning was so-so, but wasn't awesome by any means. I'm usually a really positive reviewer, but this just wasn't good. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. The rooms were tiny, the pillows strangely uncomfortable. There was only one towel in the bathroom for four people. The front desk was very helpful, but there was only ever one person and they were always overwhelmed. This placed gets a heartfelt "meh"....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Redwood City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family and I stayed for one night for a volleyball tournament. Though we do live only an hour away, we thought it would be nice to make a little "trip" out of it. We do not travel often for leisure. We seem to only travel for my daughter's volleyball tournaments.
I had booked a king bed online, but when we arrived we were told there was none available. We were put in a 2 queen room, but let me tell you the beds were not queen!! My husband is 6'5" and he can make due in a queen, but these beds were not even close.
To be fair the woman at the front desk gave us keys to check out another room (beds were murphy beds), but we decided to stay in the room we were given. It seemed cleaner and nicer.
The smell of smoke was EVERYWHERE! I did not realize that smoking was still allowed in Best Westerns.
This was fine for one night, but would not have stayed had it been more. Yet, the staff was very nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Ridgecrest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights. Check in was ok. I booked a king room, but none were available. Not really a problem, i accepted the two smaller beds. On check in parking was very limited. I was told to park in the disabled parking as they are never used. I questioned this, but was assured that the "security would be told so it will be ok" . No one disabled was in the hotel, so it would not be a problem. .......... Yep, you guessed it, it was private land, at the back of the hotel, but i got a parking ticket from the local PD! $275 worth!! I NEVER normally park in a disabled slot, but after assurance it would be ok i went ahead, against my better judgement. I, so far am still not being helped by the hotel manager.This really spoiled the stay, considering i went to the area for a temporary job and this cut my earnings considerably.the matter is ongoing, and i hope for a resolution one way or another.
Ok. The room. Had a room on 2nd floor (229) . The corridor smelled very strongly of stale cigarette smoke. The room was a little better. The room was well cleaned, but very tired and inn need of re furbishment. Furniture was scratched, with several chunks missing from some items. The beds were very uncomfortable. In fact the most uncomfortable Best Western I have ever stayed in. Electrical recepticles were partially separated from the wall, and the phone socket had wires bundled up and pushed behind the carpet baseboard. The TV was fairly small, and old, but serviceable.all in all clean but very very tired.

The bathroom, was again clean, but the fittings were. Old and tired. Water pressure in the sink was good, but the shower was terrible. It was a trickle. I can equate the flow to a camping solar shower. It took double the time to shower because of the lack of pressure.

The breakfast was very good, with the ladies Maintaining the breakfast area did a great job and should be commended for a job well done!

The happy hour seems like a success. I did not attend so am unable to review that part.

In summary, not a Plus Best Western inn my eyes. Tired and in need of repairs. Especially the water pressure issues.
My stay was spoiled by the parking incident. I dont think i will reccomend this Best Western, which is very sad, as i have always reccomended the chain until now.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed only one night but they upgraded us to a suite. Bed was comfy. Had some old time decorations but was clean and taken care of. Could hear allbthe doors opening\shutting as people awoke around 6am.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS John Muir Inn? Share your experiences!